Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: First Round Abomination Spawn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Winterfeld
United States
Tecumseh
MI
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok this happened in 3 of my last missions. My group just started playing this and I am wondering how do you handle it?

When you are still in the blue threat level and after your first turn you spawn an Abomination, what do you do? First time we tried it we attempted to hide and have Nelly kite it around but she was overwhelmed by other zombies as well since she was making so much noise. Second 2 times we just hit the reset button and started over.

Personally I think it should allow this to happen when you are in blue status since the only way to kill it is using dragon bile and a torch (you will be very lucky to find both in the first round let alone after 4 rounds).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Depending on the layout of the quest it, some are easier to lure it around the board than others. Luckliy he moves pretty slow.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing happens on the Blue Level of an Abom, if you look at the bottom of the card, under the Blue Level it should say - Nothing In Sight or something of the like.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ET11 wrote:
Nothing happens on the Blue Level of an Abom, if you look at the bottom of the card, under the Blue Level it should say - Nothing In Sight or something of the like.



Not a boss pack abomb. The standard spawn deck does has blue spawn generic abombs.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Winterfeld
United States
Tecumseh
MI
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:
Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Depending on the layout of the quest it, some are easier to lure it around the board than others. Luckliy he moves pretty slow.


Yeah that is what we tried.... honestly I might just take that one out of the game so unfair!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that it (usually) only moves once at a time, so it's easy to outmaneuver. Just be wary not to be cornered by it.

Also, make use of the pathing rules. If you keep survivors out of sight, you can purposefully make noise to guide where it goes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:
ET11 wrote:
Nothing happens on the Blue Level of an Abom, if you look at the bottom of the card, under the Blue Level it should say - Nothing In Sight or something of the like.



Not a boss pack abomb. The standard spawn deck does has blue spawn generic abombs.


Bingo. Important to note that not every card is the same so not all abom cards have a "blue safe" zone. First round abom's definitely do happen. Best thing you can do is kite them until you're strong enough to kill them. Fortunately it's not a beserker abom from moderncide S2 (2 activations per turn).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Remember that it (usually) only moves once at a time, so it's easy to outmaneuver. Just be wary not to be cornered by it.

Also, make use of the pathing rules. If you keep survivors out of sight, you can purposefully make noise to guide where it goes.


You can still use two actions to move out if he gets on your zone.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's particularly funny when the first round abomb is uncovered after a hero spends their third activation to open a door and it is standing on the other side gulp You can almost imagine it snickering in the dark with it's zombie pals, waiting to shout "surprise"!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Thompson
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
It's sad how often this happens to my group. We end up searching like crazy. This is one situation when I find Pass the Torch acceptable. We usually kite it until we find a way to kill it. It often takes us getting into late Yellow or Orange before we can kill it. By then, we have more Abominations. shake
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:
Asmor wrote:
Remember that it (usually) only moves once at a time, so it's easy to outmaneuver. Just be wary not to be cornered by it.

Also, make use of the pathing rules. If you keep survivors out of sight, you can purposefully make noise to guide where it goes.


You can still use two actions to move out if he gets on your zone.


Yes, but if you're cornered (i.e. the abomination isn't in your space, but the only way out is to run through it) you're pretty screwed.

1 action to move into its space, 2 actions to move out. That's your entire turn. Then it moves into your space. 2 actions to move away from it again, and then your third action to finally get away. That's 2 full turns wasted just getting away from it.

And of course, that assumes it's just the abomination. Any extra zombie and you're particularly fucked, as then it becomes impossible to run away. If there's only one you can run into its space, try to kill that one, take the hit, and then run away... but... yeah.

Getting cornered sucks. One of the first things I learned in this game is never send a survivor out by itself without a weapon that can open doors.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I wouldn't run through it. I'd sit and wait until it was on me. Use two to move out. Than my last to give me an extra space between. Next round you have a full three actions.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was introducing the game to children the other day and I had stacked the deck to take out Necromancers and Double spawns and set up a fairly easy 4 board game. I had forgotten about the Abomination at blue, which turned up quite early. They kept out of its way and got to the exit via an alternative route. Basic abominations aren't as scary as runners.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.