Subject: need some clarifications on Sabotage Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron H
United States
Washington
Missouri
flag msg tools
I play Memor 44,Tide of Iron, and Axis and Allies:1942!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens to the Sabotage cards after you play them? Do they get discarded, never to show up again? Then does your Sabotage squad have to get closer and closer because you have one fewer card each time? (Page 9 Sabotage cards rules). What if both sides has units with the Sabotage specialization, who gets the neutral card?

"And while the hordes of death are mighty, the battalions of life are mightier still. It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus A
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
rongammer wrote:
What happens to the Sabotage cards after you play them? Do they get discarded, never to show up again?

The rules say the cards are discarded (gone forever) unless otherwise specified on the card. And the only card that specifies otherwise is the neutral card.

rongammer wrote:
Then does your Sabotage squad have to get closer and closer because you have one fewer card each time? (Page 9 Sabotage cards rules).

According to the rules, Yes.

rongammer wrote:
What if both sides has units with the Sabotage specialization, who gets the neutral card?

The rules don’t seem to anticipate more than one nation having a sabotage specialization. None of the Fury scenarios have more than one nation with sabotage squads.

As an aside, I don’t personally care for this sabotage set of rules. In my opinion, it adds unwelcome overhead to the fine strategy card aspect of the game without really adding anything to the play. At least not anything that couldn’t be provided by mechanisms already in the game. Perhaps others will disagree.

The game publishers were clearly willing to add slightly to the complexity of TOI. As such, I believe introducing vehicle facing rules would’ve been less complex than these rules and would’ve greatly added to the tactical experience and play value of most scenarios. But I digress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron H
United States
Washington
Missouri
flag msg tools
I play Memor 44,Tide of Iron, and Axis and Allies:1942!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help, I suspected those answers. My favorite Sabotage cards would be the place instant mines and the Partisan cards. Of Course I've yet to play the German Sabotage cards.

"And while the hordes of death are mighty, the battalions of life are mightier still. It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.