Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Comfort
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a learning game for us, as *Greg and Jen had never played before, and Rachel and I only once each. The Ra tiles came out fast and furious all game long. I'd go so far as to say they came out 2Fast/2Furious. The epochs were all short, and Jen got stuck with the '13' bidding sun until the third epoch. She was waiting for the auctions to get a little better. There were at most four or five tiles up for auction at a time, unless there were multiple calamities. Ugh. *Greg managed to snag his third and fourth Obelisk monuments in quick succession, which is worth 10 points. That ten was a lot in this game, as floods were hard to come by, and gods ended up counting for two points because we didn't have time to trade them in before the epochs would end. *Greg won by a fair amount. However, we later found out we were playing wrong! (This was probably on the advice of *Greg, I can't quite recall now). We were recycling tiles between epochs, that is, we were putting gods, gold, floods, civilizations, and Ra's back in the draw bag. You are not supposed to recycle any tiles (thanks BGG!). So, if the first epoch is really short, the bag will have comparatively more non-Ra (auctionable) tiles for the second and third epochs. This evens things out, and makes it FAR less likely that you will have three very short epochs in a row, like we did.

I hereby place an asterisk (*) next to *Greg's name, as his victory is tainted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Jansen
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
Re:Session Report
tcomfort (#28027),

I refute it thus....

It was your game, we played by your rules, and I kicked your ass.

:-)

-Greg (note: no star)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.