7 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is there a penalty for KO'd Bystanders? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Rawson
Canada
flag msg tools
I know that if a bystander escapes with a villain (or overruns with an adversary), all players must discard a card. But is there any penalty for bystanders KO'd directly from the Bystander pile, such as when the pile is fortified by Venom (Villain - CSA Special Marshals) and playing a card that rescues a bystander?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grtwtnorth wrote:
I know that if a bystander escapes with a villain (or overruns with an adversary), all players must discard a card. But is there any penalty for bystanders KO'd directly from the Bystander pile, such as when the pile is fortified by Venom (Villain - CSA Special Marshals) and playing a card that rescues a bystander?

No, there is no such penalty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
XeyneGaming wrote:
No, there is no such penalty.

Until Onslaught is released as mastermind

But yeah, there's no penalty. In fact if you play with Thanos (Secret Wars 1) Or Corvax (Secret Wars 2) you benefit from it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
But yeah, there's no penalty. In fact if you play with Thanos (Secret Wars 1) Or Corvax (Secret Wars 2) you benefit from it.

Coincidentally, I just played with Thanos for the first time. I had 21 KOed bystanders (mostly due to his rare). That significantly reduced the difficulty of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
swheelock wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:

Coincidentally, I just played with Thanos for the first time. I had 21 KOed bystanders (mostly due to his rare). That significantly reduced the difficulty of the game.

Challenge: Use Thanos to nullify the scheme Midtown Bank Robbery by KOing the entire bystander deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jemjar wrote:
Challenge: Use Thanos to nullify the scheme Midtown Bank Robbery by KOing the entire bystander deck.

I've done that with Black Widow against Madeline Pryor. She was all, "Master Strike!" but nothing happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Jemjar wrote:

Is Apocalypse a mastermind?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.