Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krzysztof B.
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this situation correct?:

Gun is on O13 and in sniper shot mode toward east. Blue Jay is going from U11 to V14 but dont use last seen marker on U13. Instead Blue Jay use holo decoy and put marker on R13.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruslan Nechay
Russia
Tyumen
flag msg tools
mbmb
From what I learned - sniper hits decoy, and it also doesn't matter if you use decoy before you move or after - all hunters see for this turn is decoy (and in case of the Gun - shoot).

I've seen some posts, though, mentioning that if you put a decoy first and then cross the LOS of another hunter - the decoy fails and you have to leave your actual last seen marker. We don't play like that, decoy is semi-useful as it is and nerfing it more would lead to it being unplayable. Smart hunters will always suspect you've used a decoy seeing your last seen marker in a weird spot when you are trying to get out of a sticky situation.

P.S. Even in the situation you describe - I'd suspect a decoy, cause agent would rather leave his LSM on S13 to make hunters guess where'd he gone to, but here he leaves a marker on the spot which is A) closer to hunters and B) tells exactly where he moved. Considering that he started his turn before R13 means that R13 was at least second tile of his max 4 tiles per turn, meaning that he's exactly on either R14 or R15 or Q15. A simple check will show that you are not there, that you've used decoy and that you are a Blue Jay so, as I've said, decoy is a very very tricky card, sometimes almost useless and sometimes very powerful.

P.S.S Another tricky move an agent can do - is move to R13 and then double back, but the motion sensor will almost assuredly negate this mindgame, or a beast sniffing you out. Anyways, I still love decoy, so good luck with it in your games =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer has chimed in previously to indicate that the intent of the holo decoy is essentially a free move - EVEN AGAINST HUNTERS WHO COULDN'T SEE THE DECOY, so long as one agent can. The timing of the agent move vs. the decoy deployment is irrelevant.

See here: Re: Blue Jay's Hologram Question

And here: Re: Visible in mutliple places, and Blue Jay's decoy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof B.
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, i see it is very free move for Blue Jay. But i have doubt if hole dacoy can be used in this way: situation as above, at end of movement Blue Jay is using holo decoy but no last seen marker is used. Hunters are moving in own turn and Blue Jay player now put mini on board at say 'hunter see agent' ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you have to place the decoy on the Agent's turn. Holo Decoy can't be used in response to hunter movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof B.
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Agent has free movment even in situation like this?
Blue Jay is on G22 and use hologram on K19 (last seen marker). Gun is on K23 and in sniper shot mode toward west, so he doesnt see hologram.

Can Blue Jay go from G22 to D26 and not be hit by Gun?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Lanzoni
Italy
Villa Poma
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"If the agent is spotted by the Gun, the agent loses 1 HP"

Blue Jay is spotted as soon as she puts a step in F23, so she loses 1 HP, even if she uses the ability to put the Last Seen Marker where she wants

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof B.
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But if Blue Jay put hologram on J24, can move free from G26 to D26, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think my first reply above, which includes links to the designer weighing in, still covers this situation. The Gun does not see the decoy but is distracted by her teammates seeing it. I would consider that a safe crossing for the agent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.