Subject: Max Cold Tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arnaud VERBEEREN
Belgium
Sint-Agatha-Berchem / Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are "only" 6 COLD tokens in the game.
Does that mean there can never be more than 6 cold in the game?
I had this lasting event that told me to add 2 cold every morning, so I ran out of tokens real quick. I had boarded up the house 3 times, so even the 6 cold (minus 3 from the boarding up) was only a minor problem... so far.

Am I playing this right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethidium Bromide
Germany
Potsdam
flag msg tools
mb
I am also interested. On the second morning the Cold stack was 5-tokens-high. We haven't had further problems as the illness killed the last character and we have finished the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud VERBEEREN
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ethidium wrote:
I am also interested. On the second morning the Cold stack was 5-tokens-high. We haven't had further problems as the illness killed the last character and we have finished the game.

problem solved...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
6 cold tokens minus 3 boarding outs you at 3 which still triggers several fate effects. Not only that that is a bunch of resources and actions spent, so you've earned that reprieve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud VERBEEREN
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
6 cold tokens minus 3 boarding outs you at 3 which still triggers several fate effects.

Yeah, my first event would have been bad if final cold (after boarding substraction) would have been 2 or more... lucky for me, as it was the first event in the first round, I had no boards but no cold from previous events either. But it had my panicing about cold so i decided to board up right away. Next events added cold, but were less harsh, only having bad things happen at cold 4 (still after boarding up). used a lot of wood tho (as you stated). So i'm not making any progress on the fittings...
Playing the second chapter tonight, things are looking bleek. everyone's hungry. But at least they're not cold i guess... cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arnaud_vb wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
6 cold tokens minus 3 boarding outs you at 3 which still triggers several fate effects.

Yeah, my first event would have been bad if final cold (after boarding substraction) would have been 2 or more... lucky for me, as it was the first event in the first round, I had no boards but no cold from previous events either. But it had my panicing about cold so i decided to board up right away. Next events added cold, but were less harsh, only having bad things happen at cold 4 (still after boarding up). used a lot of wood tho (as you stated). So i'm not making any progress on the fittings...
Playing the second chapter tonight, things are looking bleek. everyone's hungry. But at least they're not cold i guess... cool

There's a balancing act. You can generally do anything you set your mind to, but then you're neglecting other important things any of which can kill you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sageleader sageleader
msg tools
What does cold do exactly? I'm only on day 2 but all that's happened is my cold being increased. Does cold affect anything regularly or do cards just reference cold randomly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sageleader wrote:
What does cold do exactly? I'm only on day 2 but all that's happened is my cold being increased. Does cold affect anything regularly or do cards just reference cold randomly?

Fate cards reference cold, you should be drawing one at the end of every day 'dawn' phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Wolf
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Do cold tokens ever come off? We were maxed out on cold tokens on day 2, which seems wrong. I know the cards says "add", but is there some kind of reset at the end of the day we missed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MKUltra wrote:
Do cold tokens ever come off? We were maxed out on cold tokens on day 2, which seems wrong. I know the cards says "add", but is there some kind of reset at the end of the day we missed?

Yes ninja
Edit - not a reset but certain cards and things will reduce Cold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
MKUltra wrote:

There's no reset, not that I've came across.

If you look through your pile of cards you can build in the house, you'll find something useful for dealing with the cold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Cox
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think we've answered the fundamental question - are we limited to a maximum of SIX cold tokens in the cold space at any one time.

I can find no explicit rule, including any FAQ, that clarifies this. I'm therefore playing with a max of 6 on the basis that:
- in reality there is a base temperature below which the environment is unlikely to drop (conceptual)
- Other tokens in the game operate on the basis that if there are no more tokens of that kind then they can not be obtained (game principle)

Unless anyone knows any better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sérgio N.
Portugal
Lousã
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CoxJul wrote:
I don't think we've answered the fundamental question - are we limited to a maximum of SIX cold tokens in the cold space at any one time.

I can find no explicit rule, including any FAQ, that clarifies this. I'm therefore playing with a max of 6 on the basis that:
- in reality there is a base temperature below which the environment is unlikely to drop (conceptual)
- Other tokens in the game operate on the basis that if there are no more tokens of that kind then they can not be obtained (game principle)

No one knows about this?... Not even the designers? Come on, guys, help us out, here!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5ergion wrote:
CoxJul wrote:

No one knows about this?... Not even the designers? Come on, guys, help us out, here!!!

Pretty cut and dry if you ask me. All Tokens are Limited. Including Cold Tokens. Nothing says otherwise. This is the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yep, cold tokens are limited to 6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel DOSPINESCU
France
flag msg tools
mb
Indeed, all the tokens (include cold) are limited to 6. If they all presents on the board, you don't need to add when the game ask for.

I have a question about the littles blue tokens markes with letters on them. What are they for?

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
flag msg tools
They can replace lost pieces but they serve as a placeholder.

Example, you found an entry that tells you to write number on a blank token and had it to the storage; you can instead had the letter "A" and write "A = 4321" on the save sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.