GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,669 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Variants

Subject: Compendium of Darkblack Hatefulness! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Pro
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
(Name pending. I should probably think of some delightful name for the collection of custom decks I have, but nothing comes to mind yet.)

Someone requested a post with links to the decks that I have, and I realized that'd probably be pretty useful, so here goes!

Custom Heroes
* Afterlife: A ghost who possesses other targets to help the living world.
* Cafell, the Black Hound: Once a hound of Omen of Welsh folklore, Cafell is now a very good girl. A loyal support hero with supernatural senses and some melee damage.
* Candle, the Unforgettable: A tragic hero. Candle often gets incapacitated, but when he does, he leaves the rest of the heroes inspired to face their challenges.
* The Chrome Komtesse: A former demolitions officer in a souped-up hypertech wheelchair. Lots of tanking and self-healing.
* Goldberg: Builds elaborate mousetraps to catch villains. Sets out a lot of Equipment, then destroys it all in an elaborate chain.
* Nagual: An Olmec magician who takes on a jaguar form. Eventually he's at his peak when he has no cards in hand.
* Phocas: Headmaster of a school that channels ancient secrets from the Byzantine Eastern Roman Empire. The deck reshapes itself to adapt to the tactical needs. Print and Play PDF

* Pixie: This deck is ridiculous and I won't try to explain it here, but I love this deck.
* Rhino Beetle: A clumsy but media-savvy artist borrows his roboticist brother's battlesuit. The deck focuses on a random effect mechanic where you pick a target before finding out what you're shooting.
* SBN: A virtual entity turned physical. Concept deck: built with all copies of one card. Print and Play PDF

* Ringmaster/The Shadow Circus: A full circus troupe working together. The Ringmaster calls them out, but the circus can continue if he gets reclaimed by his own glamours.
* Senator Lisa Bolt: Retired from heroic escapades to go into politics. Mostly support, but when the time comes she can pick up the Thunder Crown and deal damage again.
* Shuffle: John Levine warps reality to switch between three different identities. The deck also sets up Ongoings that trigger and give benefits whenever he shuffles his deck.
* Skunkworks: A scrappy inventor whose main project is a skunk robot that keeps falling apart and getting put back together. Lots of toxic damage, consistent damage redirection, and a cycle of destruction and repair. PDF (no art yet)

Custom Villains
* Formicida: Nemesis to Rhino Beetle. A colony of giant ants that tear down buildings and evolve new technology.
* Impact Object #3807: Nemesis to Skunkworks. An alien invasion and a mysterious technological artifact.
* The Mirror Monster: Nemesis to Candle. A horror monster that can only come out of mirrors when it kills someone. Also kind of a weird puzzle: on its front side, you can only damage it indirectly through its mirrors.
* The Orb: Nemesis to Shuffle. A malevolent rift in reality. A single enemy target with ever-changing harmful Ongoings that are removed by different types of damage.
* Pride's Edge: Nemesis to Afterlife. An evil sentient runeblade that changes wielders throughout the game.
* The Prince In Silver: Nemesis to Ringmaster/The Shadow Circus. User Adelphophage describes it as "an arrogant fae prince and his various horrible diversions."
* Unimax: Nemesis to Chrome Komtesse. A shape-shifting robot that launches missiles and eventually takes on an ever-threatening final form.

Custom Team Villains
* Finhawk: Nemesis to Pixie, also seen in 80s Punk Bar. Angry rocker who gets more rowdy as the music gets louder.
* Howitzer: Nemesis to Chrome Komtesse. A sentient artillery piece driven by hate.

Custom Environments
* 80s Punk Rock Bar: Nemesis to Pixie. Oi! Oi! Oi! Kind of a callback to raucous bar brawls in old action movies.
* Elaborate Deathtrap: Nemesis to Goldberg. A series of elaborate and cinematic traps and dilemmas.
* Literary Journey: A journey through the world of literature!
* Microscopia Bloodstream: The heroes get shrunk down and injected into a body. The implementation is fairly straightforward once you accept the premise.
* The Murder Mystery: A noir-detective whodunnit. Print And Play PDF

* The Owl Of Berlin: Nemesis to Cafell. A single anti-hero, sometimes helpful to the heroes, sometimes to the villain.
* Shady Pines, New Hampshire: A horror-style setting in an insular New England town. This is peaceful at first until it suddenly all goes awry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Valdez
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I really wish all of these had art. D: Still this is awesome! Nice work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Pro
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Nayr090 wrote:
Man, I really wish all of these had art. D: Still this is awesome! Nice work.

Thank you! And they will!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
We have incorporated Cafell and Ringmaster into our regular circulation of heroes. Looking forward to trying some of the others, too, at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Pro
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Just uploaded files for The Murder Mystery (PDF)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Pro
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Just uploaded files for Phocas (PDF).

The deck reshapes itself to adapt to the tactical needs. I suspect I'll update this one as feedback comes in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.