Steve Crane
United Kingdom
Sandbach
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just a backer of the Kickstarter who has created this thread to help promote and detail what's in the campaign

Pledge Levels

$79 Core Game

Comes with a FREE Gamelyn Mercenary mini!

Add $25 for Heroes and Mercenaries ONLY models to be pre-painted

$139 Core Game and Deluxe Expansion

Comes with FREE Gamelyn Mercenary AND Mechmaster Cyd mini!

Add $50 for Heroes and Mercenaries ONLY models to be pre-painted

Unlocked Stretch Goals

The Nomads Mini Expansion, which consists of

x10 Nomad minis!

6 Additional Spell Cards!

Nomads Mercenary Hero Card Mini-Expansion variant

We've also unlocked:

"Jowls" Mercenary Hero mini and Hero card!

"Gnocke" Mercenary Hero mini and Hero card!

"Betula" Mercenary Hero mini and Hero card!

12 Additional Spell Cards!

Baaledor Mercenary Hero mini and Hero card! (Deluxe Backers only)

Siege Engines Mini Expansion consisting of 2 Catapults, 2 Ballistae and 2 Siege Tower constructs![/b] (Deluxe backers only)

Many "would be" Stretch Goals such as upgraded card quality, thickness and linen finish are already included in the game! See the KS page for full details!

Social Media Goal

Only 119 followers needed on Twitter for 12 extra Exploitation tokens!

https://twitter.com/Gamelyn_Games

redtrain greentrain bluetrain Shipping bluetrain greentrain redtrain

US / EU (inc UK) / Canada / Australia and certain parts of China shipping / customs friendly

Shipping Rates are described below: (Base / Deluxe)

• United States, Canada, Germany, China: $15 / $20
• European Union, United Kingdom, Australia: $20 / $25
• Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan: $25 / $30
• New Zealand: $30 / $35
• Latin America, Rest of World: $55 / $60

If you found this thread useful, please consider liking it so that it raises visibility of the campaign on BGG

You can find the Kickstarter campaign page below, take a peek!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coe/heroes-of-land-air-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Malo
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream I dream alone is reality.
badge
When I cease to dream, you cease to exist.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 159% Funded!! 7 Stretch Goals unlocked!! 66 hours to go!!
I'm backing this......but I really don't know why.

Something about it really grabs my attention, not really the minis, not really the gameplay. I really can't put my finger on it.

With that same mentality, I can understand why some people are reluctant to not go in on this game. It really feels like an unknown package for an expensive price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Weinick
United States
Livingston
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 159% Funded!! 7 Stretch Goals unlocked!! 66 hours to go!!
I'm so on the fence on this one. I have been watching it from day one.

I am an old Warcraft III RTS player, and when I first saw this it really appealed to me: the variable races, buildings and units and powers; the upgrading of a "town hall" as well as upgrading buildings.

I really wanted to like this game. But for some reason all the playthroughs I have watched have left me lukewarm. Something about the gameplay is just not doing it for me. In theory I love it, but in practice I'm not sure.

Still watching and I may back it, but I doubt it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olkhen the Gamer

New York
msg tools
mb
For games like this, I generally find that playing is a lot more fun than watching.
For me it was gameplay mostly. Minis is just an extra (but awesome) bonus. Though now I do really hope we can reach a demon mercenary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Villarreal
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed this Day 1 on both campaigns. Such a great game and yes I am also a WC3 player so this was immediately up my alley.

I wish it higher funding at this point but the fact it will be available ON THE SAME RELEASE DATE, as the previous campaign is a huge plus!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowrydor wrote:

I am an old Warcraft III RTS player, and when I first saw this it really appealed to me: the variable races, buildings and units and powers; the upgrading of a "town hall" as well as upgrading buildings.

I really wanted to like this game. But for some reason all the playthroughs I have watched have left me lukewarm. Something about the gameplay is just not doing it for me. In theory I love it, but in practice I'm not sure.

I was the opposite. I'm not a RTS/Warcraft player. I watched this campaign from the beginning, but didn't back it until recently when more of the gameplay videos were posted. The solo and 2-player with Nomads videos really sold it for me. I liked how the game scaled down to 1-2 players, but still seemed like players had plenty of options. I really liked how the Nomads affected multiple aspects of the game, including: resource gathering, combat, following actions, and just how they kept the map feeling tight. I'll mostly play this game with 1-4 players, but I went all in (Deluxe painted) because it just looks like a super solid game design that will work well at any player count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crane
United Kingdom
Sandbach
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been watching this myself from the beginning. Only backed it a few days ago and only now decided to stick a BGG post up

Yes it is a little pricey I guess, and I'm not sure about the painted minis (I struggle to paint walls never mind minis myself) I have to say I'm disappointed not all are painted as I originally thought, although the examples shown do look great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a quick shout out to any euro game player reading this thread: HoLA&S is really a euro game in fancy 4X clothes. Under the bling there is a VP-optimization game with mostly open information, minimal luck and NO DICE. The only hidden information are the exploration tokens and player spell cards. Combat is resolved using a single card selection from identical 7-card Tactics decks. You know exactly what Tactics cards your opponent has access to, and you know what cards he can afford based on his available resources.

This is first and foremost a strategy game, not a dice-chucking luck fest. Game length is on par with the typical medium-weight euro (1.5-2 hours). I encourage all euro gamers to take a closer look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowrydor wrote:

100% this. I'm a huge warcraft fan, and at first this was near the top of my wishlist. But playthroughs have left me very lukewarm. Like it's going through the motions and nothing is super important or exciting. I dunno, I can't put my finger on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
But playthroughs have left me very lukewarm. Like it's going through the motions and nothing is super important or exciting. I dunno, I can't put my finger on it.

Funny I have just the opposite feeling. It seems like everything is important. The games have come down to a few points and had things been capitalized on to maximize your VP's when you can. Had one player done more exploration, or like in the Phoenix Comicon play description from Marc, had he used his powers better earlier he could have won.

I wonder what is giving you that feeling when it seems via play throughs and play descriptions are just the opposite with close games. I have a large feeling this is going to be the "game that got away" from a lot of people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingJackalope wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
But playthroughs have left me very lukewarm. Like it's going through the motions and nothing is super important or exciting. I dunno, I can't put my finger on it.

Funny I have just the opposite feeling. It seems like everything is important. The games have come down to a few points and had things been capitalized on to maximize your VP's when you can. Had one player done more exploration, or like in the Phoenix Comicon play description from Marc, had he used his powers better earlier he could have won.

I wonder what is giving you that feeling when it seems via play throughs and play descriptions are just the opposite with close games. I have a large feeling this is going to be the "game that got away" from a lot of people.

It doesn't help this game is Tiny Epic Kingdoms cousin, and I felt the same way after playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
It doesn't help this game is Tiny Epic Kingdoms cousin, and I felt the same way after playing it.

Just curious do you feel the same way about Star Wars: Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Rebellion and Star Wars: X-Wing? They are all "cousins" since they are in the same universe. Even the overall general themes are the same, Rebels vs Empire. Yet the game mechanics are vastly different. War in TEK and war in HaLAS are completely different. Movement is different. Its all in the "TEK" universe (does the world have a name?) yet different playing games. Its all fantasy of course elves vs orcs or whatever mythological creatures.

I wonder what the missing link is that its not attracting you? You like Star Craft I see is it that you prefer sci-fi to fantasy perhaps? Do you like dice battles more than card battles? I wouldn't think so liking SC since its card based. If the games were blow out victories then I'd see the "it doesn't matter what you do" feeling as well. But, when the games are coming in close it really seems like just the opposite is the case in actual game play.

Could it be the gameboard? You prefer puzzle piece dynamic type like SC is? I have a feeling we will see more game boards come out be it fan made or official later down the road with the release of future expansions or simply map packs by themselves. Even if they were pdf's with a release so we could take them to kinkos or any other printer and get one printed off would be great.

You have no idea what it is that isn't clicking or fully attracting you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
KingJackalope wrote:
Its all in the "TEK" universe (does the world have a name?)

Yes, the world is called Aughmoore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingJackalope wrote:
You have no idea what it is that isn't clicking or fully attracting you?

I feel they have similarities. Maybe I'm wrong. But I linked the game to 2 friends who said it reminded them of a bigger TEK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not seeing the link. Can you post it please? Have been trying to read all the reviews from people who have played it, but must have missed that one. I haven't seen one that was negative yet, a very good sign to me and a BIG vote of confidence for me.

Edit: Sorry I read that as you posted a link of 2 friends who played it who said it reminded them of a bigger TEK. So they didn't play it just looking at it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingJackalope wrote:
Not seeing the link. Can you post it please? Have been trying to read all the reviews from people who have played it, but must have missed that one. I haven't seen one that was negative yet, a very good sign to me and a BIG vote of confidence for me.

Edit: Sorry I read that as you posted a link of 2 friends who played it who said it reminded them of a bigger TEK. So they didn't play it just looking at it?

Yeah there is no PnP (I asked). I'm just saying why I'm not backing. I hope the game turns out great and hopefully I won't regret not having those KS exclusives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyan Shad
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 177% Funded!! 9 Stretch Goals unlocked!! 20 hours to go!!
There's no KS exclusives, you'll just have to buy some of it from Gamelyn Games website. Though maybe some of it will be a limited print run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexgw itsme
msg tools
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 177% Funded!! 9 Stretch Goals unlocked!! 20 hours to go!!
SeerMagic wrote:

Yeah there is no PnP (I asked).

This is wrong. There is a "part" PNP in form of a language pack.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1790487/digital-language-pa...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on Strech Goals!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Desferous wrote:
Come on Strech Goals!!

Just need those Twitter followers. Only 152 to go! Siege weapons unlocked this morning. This is a LOT of game we're getting!! This is going to be great with a lot of options for adding on to gameplay to mix things up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexgw wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:

Yeah there is no PnP (I asked).

This is wrong. There is a "part" PNP in form of a language pack.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1790487/digital-language-pa...

That's not a PnP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
116 Twitter to go.

I never thought they would pnp this one. It's a big box game not Tiny Epic. Have there been any big box games that do? One would be fun to make I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.