Dead of Winter: The Long Night» Forums » General

Subject: 2 Player with Prisoners Dilemma variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Rose
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of buying this as I can get it at a decent price and enjoyed playing the full game recently with 4 players. I wanted to know how this version alone plays with 2 people using the Prisoners Dilemma variant. Many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick
South Africa
flag msg tools
itbrvilla wrote:
I was thinking of buying this as I can get it at a decent price and enjoyed playing the full game recently with 4 players. I wanted to know how this version alone plays with 2 people using the Prisoners Dilemma variant. Many thanks!

Hi, keeping in mimd that this game hits its sweet spot at 4 players (5 is also nice), we played the 2 player variant with and without the prisoner variant. In short, this game is rather bland cooperative (regardless of playercount), thus then2 player game as in the rules are very very easy and unforfilling. This being said, the prisoner dilemma save it a bit. It returns the stress levels and distrust from the normal full game.
So yes, it works and its fun.
Overall, if you have a good deal get the game regardless and find yourself 1 extra player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.