Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: Pressure to back Green Horde? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Ross
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Anyone feeling pressured to back Green Horde to extend the experience of Black Plague because of the KS exclusives?

I missed out on BP and wish I had the Ratbomination and Alphabomination along with the extra Necros.

I'm super hesitant to back GH because of the uber cheesy survivors that are in abundance as stretch goals but I also don't want to miss out on the new game mechanics and equipment cards.

The KS exclusive Aboms are great and I want those, plus the dragon and the siege weapons. The new map tiles are cool too in addition to the horde concept.

Anyone think the slew of extra survivors would have much aftermarket value on their own? Im considering backing and then selling off the parts that I don't want individually to try and recoup the expense of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Neff
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dragon exclusive.. that alone pretty much pushes me into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No pressure. But that's the wonderful thing about kickstarter, you can back for a dollar and wait to decide if you really want it. And regarding the slew of survivors, its still only day 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
Floral Park
NY - New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you can usually sell off the KS survivors you don't want. and get some money back. It's better then nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
back $1. It will be enough to get you the pledge manager when they send it out. At that point you can decide if it is still worth backing or not. During the pledge manager stage you are able to pay the difference for what you originally backed and what new items you are getting. That is also when you pay your shipping price too, btw.

Note that this method only contributes $1 to stretch goals, but it is useful if you are indecisive or are afraid you'll forget to back before the kickstarter is over. This makes it so you do not have the hassle of being a "late backer" (which trust me, you do not want to mess with if you can help it).

To answer your question, no, i don't feel pressure to back GH. I personally am backing $1 for now. I have Massive Darkness coming sometime in July (presuming no additional delays) and if I end up liking it as much as I think I will then I don't see the need to back GH. I already have moderncide S2+TCM KS, S1 tiles, S3 retail, BP KS + a few paid survivor boxes so not too sure how much more zombicide I want/need. Plus I find the horde mechanic fairly uninspired and could easily be added as a variation into any base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cobalta wrote:
Anyone feeling pressured to back Green Horde to extend the experience of Black Plague because of the KS exclusives?

I missed out on BP and wish I had the Ratbomination and Alphabomination along with the extra Necros.

I'm super hesitant to back GH because of the uber cheesy survivors that are in abundance as stretch goals but I also don't want to miss out on the new game mechanics and equipment cards.

The KS exclusive Aboms are great and I want those, plus the dragon and the siege weapons. The new map tiles are cool too in addition to the horde concept.

Anyone think the slew of extra survivors would have much aftermarket value on their own? Im considering backing and then selling off the parts that I don't want individually to try and recoup the expense of the game.

Who's pressuring you?! We'll take them out back and throw them to the orcs.

I'm sure this will end up like BP, there'll be plenty at retail to pick up and it's still a complete experience.

I'm only backing because it's cheaper. After I buy the Wulfsburg, and a few of the mini expansions and hero boxes I'll be spending more than the original pledge. (which I wasn't around for) I expect this will be the same
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't back BP, and purchased everything I have later.

There were SO many guest boxes, plus the Bosses and Hero boxes, that I have a huge pile of stuff.

I've backed a ton of CMoN and am used to oodles of extras, but given how much there is for the system, I don't feel like I missed out.

That being said, given how much you get for 120, and given how much we like the previous BP stuff, it's a no brainer for me (Pun INTENDED!).

As others have said, you could simply sell off what you don't like, or just not use it. Typically the discount on most CMoN stuff isn't much more than 20% online these days, so it's a good deal IMHO.

I also think other stretch goals will be coming that aren't just figures. I'm hoping for more weapons, armor, vault items, or perhaps even tiles.

The other benefit of backing is (usually) you'll have it before it's readily available. Much of the add-ons are cheaper at retail, but I usually tack it on as, well, I'm greedy and don't want to wait 6 months after backers get it to play with it all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's always worth it, and there really is no pressure.

I sold the 12-15 survivors I didn't care for - put them on Ebay at $1 starting price and made more than what I paid for the whole KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoogoo wrote:
It's always worth it, and there really is no pressure.

I sold the 12-15 survivors I didn't care for - put them on Ebay at $1 starting price and made more than what I paid for the whole KS.

This. Kse survivors still have a thriving aftermarket. Sell the ones you don't want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Roberts
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is literally too much stuff. After Black Plague and really no bonus boxes other than not-Conan and not-Belit, I have 40+ survivors. Like you'd ever need close too that many. It's really just a false impulse to feel the need to have it all; you'll never use it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keith secore
msg tools
After a few plays, I just stopped using the extra abominations, they "sandbox" all that stuff. No real guidelines on how to use the extra stuff, just, "here it is"... I liked the guest box survivors more than the other ones, didn't have all the goofy pop culture referenced ones in the guest boxes. I got roped in cuz I liked the medieval theme and the Plague reference turning people into zombies. But it was a mistake to get the knight level pledge. Too much stuff that is not supported very well. I was almost hoping GH would make me regret getting out of BP, but not even close. The SG survivors so far are almost laughable
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arek D.
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No Pressure involved, I knew that I'd back any future expansions, even before GH was announced, since Zombicide is still a big hit with our gaming group.

The only urge I feel is to get back to my painting station ASAP...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
None whatsoever.

* Theme: Zombies, okay. Orcs, okay. Zombie orcs... what? As a generic fantasy roleplayer, Ameritrash boargamer, and wannabe wargame miniatures player, I have yet to see an rpg adventure, dungeoncrawler, or army that has orc or goblin zombies, at least more than a handful. I really do like CMON sculpts, but don't have any need for these non-human zombies (or mutants, as a Dakka poster noted. Themes I would prefer are greater and lesser undead, and demons and undead.

* SG's: Unlike BP, I don't recognize most of the SG homages. Still waiting for Blackadder. whistle

* BP: BP had a ton of stuff.

* Massive Darkness: I pledged for it, and expect another ton of stuff!

* Shipping: $30 for BP for the $140 level.

* Mini's: I play more than boardgames, so already dropped $200 on Mantic's Terrain Crate. Reaper's Bones IV miniatures KS, Dwarven Forge's terrain KS, CMON's Game of Thrones miniatures wargame, and possibly Cthulhu Wars boardgame, are all coming this year, so there's more competition for my gaming dollar.

* Zombicide and Massive Darkness: I read rumors that another Zombicide will be KS'ed, and I think MD will have another KS, at least it's more likely than their other games.

So, for now, that $150 will stay in my pocket, at least until Blackadder shows up. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.