Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Moonsickle Class ability question * SPOILER * rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Nightshroud. His card that allows him to consume darkness to kill one normal enemy - I assume this does not work on obstacles/objects, like altars? But it DOES work on ancient artillery? Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Circles Class ability question * SPOILER *
Spoiler (click to reveal)
nightshroud is not the circles class, he is the moonsicle class. But now for your question:
normal enemies are monsters that are not elite or bosses; altars and objects are obstacles even if they have hp. Also I recomment the special scenario rules page in the rulebook for in detail explanations.
Ancient artillery are monsters, so if it is normal, you can kill it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Circles Class ability question * SPOILER *
Just use the class name (everyone), it's not a spoiler. It also allows for someone to search for a class and not worry if one person's "angry face" is another person's "stoney face"/"constipated face"/or "gnome dungeon delver" class.

If someone doesn't want the stalker class abilities spoiled, and thinks this is a the summoner class-- they just got spoiled.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SaintHax wrote:
Just use the class name (everyone), it's not a spoiler. It also allows for someone to search for a class and not worry if one person's "angry face" is another person's "stoney face"/"constipated face"/or "gnome dungeon delver" class.

If someone doesn't want the stalker class abilities spoiled, and thinks this is a the summoner class-- they just got spoiled.

Sorry about that. Didn't have the box with me here at work. Edited title now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SaintHax wrote:
Just use the class name (everyone), it's not a spoiler. It also allows for someone to search for a class and not worry if one person's "angry face" is another person's "stoney face"/"constipated face"/or "gnome dungeon delver" class.

If someone doesn't want the stalker class abilities spoiled, and thinks this is a the summoner class-- they just got spoiled.


I disagree, class names are a spoiler, if you're trying to play with zero information about the future of the game. Just from the base classes, Brute, Scoundrel, Spellweaver etc,give you a pretty good idea of what they're going to be like just from the names. For me, part of the fun as been trying to decipher the symbols, and figure out what the classes might be from there.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SnarksandBoojums wrote:
SaintHax wrote:
Just use the class name (everyone), it's not a spoiler. It also allows for someone to search for a class and not worry if one person's "angry face" is another person's "stoney face"/"constipated face"/or "gnome dungeon delver" class.

If someone doesn't want the stalker class abilities spoiled, and thinks this is a the summoner class-- they just got spoiled.


I disagree, class names are a spoiler, if you're trying to play with zero information about the future of the game. Just from the base classes, Brute, Scoundrel, Spellweaver etc,give you a pretty good idea of what they're going to be like just from the names. For me, part of the fun as been trying to decipher the symbols, and figure out what the classes might be from there.


For zero info you'd need no box art, and the name Gloomhaven should be changed. In fact, the symbols you are trying to decipher should be changed to numbers-- so I guess you don't want zero info, and anyone who does should not be reading the boards.

The info you get from the name, is nothing. What's a Beast Tyrant? I'd guess by the name that it's Satyr Fighter-- probably a fallen king, since it's a tyrant.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SaintHax wrote:
SnarksandBoojums wrote:
SaintHax wrote:
Just use the class name (everyone), it's not a spoiler. It also allows for someone to search for a class and not worry if one person's "angry face" is another person's "stoney face"/"constipated face"/or "gnome dungeon delver" class.

If someone doesn't want the stalker class abilities spoiled, and thinks this is a the summoner class-- they just got spoiled.


I disagree, class names are a spoiler, if you're trying to play with zero information about the future of the game. Just from the base classes, Brute, Scoundrel, Spellweaver etc,give you a pretty good idea of what they're going to be like just from the names. For me, part of the fun as been trying to decipher the symbols, and figure out what the classes might be from there.


For zero info you'd need no box art, and the name Gloomhaven should be changed. In fact, the symbols you are trying to decipher should be changed to numbers-- so I guess you don't want zero info, and anyone who does should not be reading the boards.

The info you get from the name, is nothing. What's a Beast Tyrant? I'd guess by the name that it's Satyr Fighter-- probably a fallen king, since it's a tyrant.


So, I post to say that I consider names spoilers..and your response is to tell me I'm wrong? Thanks for letting me know what my opinion is.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SnarksandBoojums wrote:
SaintHax wrote:
SnarksandBoojums wrote:
SaintHax wrote:
Just use the class name (everyone), it's not a spoiler. It also allows for someone to search for a class and not worry if one person's "angry face" is another person's "stoney face"/"constipated face"/or "gnome dungeon delver" class.

If someone doesn't want the stalker class abilities spoiled, and thinks this is a the summoner class-- they just got spoiled.


I disagree, class names are a spoiler, if you're trying to play with zero information about the future of the game. Just from the base classes, Brute, Scoundrel, Spellweaver etc,give you a pretty good idea of what they're going to be like just from the names. For me, part of the fun as been trying to decipher the symbols, and figure out what the classes might be from there.


For zero info you'd need no box art, and the name Gloomhaven should be changed. In fact, the symbols you are trying to decipher should be changed to numbers-- so I guess you don't want zero info, and anyone who does should not be reading the boards.

The info you get from the name, is nothing. What's a Beast Tyrant? I'd guess by the name that it's Satyr Fighter-- probably a fallen king, since it's a tyrant.


So, I post to say that I consider names spoilers..and your response is to tell me I'm wrong? Thanks for letting me know what my opinion is.


I know I need to let this straw man lie, but one last reply.
1) I post that descriptions are more prone to spoiling, and you tell me I'm wrong-- hypocrisy. (seriously, "thanks for letting me know what my opinion is" back there.

2) you didn't just say you consider names spoilers, you gave a qualifier: "if you're trying to play with zero information". I pointed out you couldn't do that w/o removing the box art and other info. Never did I negate an "opinion", which is an empty prose of a retort.

3) Seriously, how can you think it is ok telling me my opinion that names aren't spoilers is wrong, but then claim victim of me invalidating your opinion?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SaintHax wrote:
SnarksandBoojums wrote:
SaintHax wrote:
SnarksandBoojums wrote:
SaintHax wrote:
Just use the class name (everyone), it's not a spoiler. It also allows for someone to search for a class and not worry if one person's "angry face" is another person's "stoney face"/"constipated face"/or "gnome dungeon delver" class.

If someone doesn't want the stalker class abilities spoiled, and thinks this is a the summoner class-- they just got spoiled.


I disagree, class names are a spoiler, if you're trying to play with zero information about the future of the game. Just from the base classes, Brute, Scoundrel, Spellweaver etc,give you a pretty good idea of what they're going to be like just from the names. For me, part of the fun as been trying to decipher the symbols, and figure out what the classes might be from there.


For zero info you'd need no box art, and the name Gloomhaven should be changed. In fact, the symbols you are trying to decipher should be changed to numbers-- so I guess you don't want zero info, and anyone who does should not be reading the boards.

The info you get from the name, is nothing. What's a Beast Tyrant? I'd guess by the name that it's Satyr Fighter-- probably a fallen king, since it's a tyrant.


So, I post to say that I consider names spoilers..and your response is to tell me I'm wrong? Thanks for letting me know what my opinion is.


I know I need to let this straw man lie, but one last reply.
1) I post that descriptions are more prone to spoiling, and you tell me I'm wrong-- hypocrisy. (seriously, "thanks for letting me know what my opinion is" back there.

2) you didn't just say you consider names spoilers, you gave a qualifier: "if you're trying to play with zero information". I pointed out you couldn't do that w/o removing the box art and other info. Never did I negate an "opinion", which is an empty prose of a retort.

3) Seriously, how can you think it is ok telling me my opinion that names aren't spoilers is wrong, but then claim victim of me invalidating your opinion?


It's great that you don't consider class names spoilers, and maybe they aren't to you. Maybe I was a little specific in my reply, but I'm also not the one who was addressing 'everyone'. All I was trying to do was point out that there are people who don't share your opinion. It may be tricky if you're opening a post and you've misinterpreted the class. However, if you're trying to avoid class names, it's all but impossible to avoid them in the thread titles.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.