Subject: Any Word on the Card Packs? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave C
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to remember that the first batch was due to be released in June. Does anyone know if thy're on schedule for that? Has anyone seen them? It's been quite some time since the last new ship and I'm itching to get something new!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
Scotland
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
Last I heard they have been pushed back till August, some folks were talking about it on the facebook group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Typheron wrote:
Last I heard they have been pushed back till August, some folks were talking about it on the facebook group.

The JULY ones got pushed back to August.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
Big picture, a month delay isn't that big of a deal. I'd rather have the product be good and late as opposed to on time and rushed/lousy/in need of errata.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering Wizkids is a pretty small company and in 2015 STAW was in the top 5 best selling miniatures games I have no idea how they financially have let it get to this point.

They've gone the route of even re-releasing older ship packs with the better paint jobs which makes me believe that they have a stake in upgrading the quality of the game to a level above its release but at the same time they have stopped releasing any new products for people to be excites for beyond these card packs and faction starter sets.

The signals are so mixed. :/

Personally I bought a printer for doing up Eratta'd WM/H cards and have been using it to print up new/missing ships while converting Micro Machines over to STAW (My custom Enterprise Refit with the proper round quad impulse saucer from the Enteprise B is a thing of beauty) but I would have gladly given Wizkids money for an Enterprise C, Runabouts (sp) and other ships instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't speak for Wizkids, I only know what I've been told and can see on the solicit page on WIN.

Given the choice between the game continuing and the game no longer being made, I'll take the game continuing. That means we need to wait a bit to get product, and I'm ok. I can't speak for you. I can't make you be ok with that.

There are always challenges that companies face that they cannot communicate due to legal reasons. Legal contracts are a pain that way. That doesn't excuse their absolutely terrible communication with their fan base. I miss the days of Andrew Parks and Chris Guild. At least we knew who was steering the ship. But I wouldn't go back to those days in terms of design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ray
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Hey David, any ideas on the new rulebook or fan submissions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All I know is that the new rulebook is coming. I know that it's a process. What I've heard is encouraging. It isn't "here's the rules" there's true development.

I do believe that fan submissions are a back burner thing for them. They want to get this new set of content launched before they open it up. In software terms, it's on their roadmap.
Fan submissions are a logistical and legal nightmare. Dozens, perhaps hundreds, of people have suggested the Enterprise-C. Several of them have offered stats, arcs, dials, and abilities. What if they use A's dial, B's stat line, parts of C's, D's, and E's abilities, but refine it so that it's not really any of theirs but something a little different? Who gets credit?

So I'm not holding my breath for fan submissions. I do believe their wording was something along the lines of "explore the possibilities of fan submissions" which really they shouldn't have said anything until they had cleared it through all legal channels and could open it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Tucker Cobey
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mathguy6189 wrote:
All I know is that the new rulebook is coming. I know that it's a process. What I've heard is encouraging. It isn't "here's the rules" there's true development.

Can definitely confirm that I've heard some very encouraging things in this regard. Nothing on timeline, but when they do happen (and my guess would be sooner rather than later) I think folks will be very satisfied with what they see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone. Looks like I just have to continue being patient, but it's good to know that stuff is still definitely in the pipeline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
Scotland
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a post on the facebook group today with a wizkids solicit showing card packs for Fed Fighters and the hirogen warship so stuff is coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
South Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
"Ahh! The aroma of several adventure games emanates from your person."
badge
"Save early, save often."
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wanna put my money down on the card packs, yet I want to know when they'd come out. Do we have an idea what the original date was for the June release?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry DeStefano
United States
Bloomingburg
New York
flag msg tools
I thought under fan submissions when u give it to them it's theirs. To do what ever they want and give credit or no credit to who ever they want. Basically when you turn it in they own it. Several companies have done it that way before as far as I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ray
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
That's the way I understand it, Larry. I'm sure the only reason we haven't seen this yet is due to lack of manpower and Wizkids low priority for this game. It certainly would be nice to have a fan submission program to keep up interest during the summer doldrums of sparse events and expansions that continue to be rolled back to the already crowded fall release schedule.

I certainly hope the rulebook is an actual streamlining and tightening up of this game and not simply inserting all the expansion rules into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
South Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the fan submissions that are used still give credit to those that made them, I'd still be willing to submit stuff. That'd only be fair, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashen von Ragend
Austria
Wien / Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on the packs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fan appreciation event is apparently 8:30 Eastern time, or 7:30 BGG (Texas) time. Plus time for the actual event, and time to furiously type on a tiny phone keyboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing news. Card packs have retemplated cards, both new content and a few reworks. Reworks will be more in faction packs.
For instance, the new Dreadnought is 29 SP.
The Oberth named is the Grissom. Prototype 02. The raptor class is super cheap.
Tucker and I are getting better card images in the morning direct from the laptop. The wall projector pictures are not good.

Also Sherlock Data is coming as a prize card in one of the 4 OPs this fall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob J
msg tools
mb
Any idea how the new ship pricing works? I mean, 13 SP for the raptor (9 stats), 14 SP for the Grissom (10 stats), 19 SP for the Prototype 02 (12 stats), 29 SP for the Dreadnought (15 stats)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashen von Ragend
Austria
Wien / Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds interesting, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
South Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mathguy6189 wrote:
Amazing news. Card packs have retemplated cards, both new content and a few reworks. Reworks will be more in faction packs.
For instance, the new Dreadnought is 29 SP.
The Oberth named is the Grissom. Prototype 02. The raptor class is super cheap.
Tucker and I are getting better card images in the morning direct from the laptop. The wall projector pictures are not good.

Also Sherlock Data is coming as a prize card in one of the 4 OPs this fall.

Memory Alpha's entry would suggest this variant of Data showing up in the next OP.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Attack_Wing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That link is assuming it's for the first OP based on the data that Tucker and I posted from Origins. So there's nothing new here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
South Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. I've never been clear on Memory Alpha's organization of STAW's releases, sorry. ^^;

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, bug ship is backwards and leaves us wondering what the 4th Dominion ship will be. I hope its a decent Breen or Keldon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Johnsen
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's Battleship, Battle Cruiser, Bug, Bug. That's what SotF posted on their FB page during the fan appreciation event at Origins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |