Hide
4 Posts

BANG! The Dice Game: Old Saloon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Character Confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emilee
msg tools
My lunchtime gaming group has worn out 3 copies of this game because we play it more than any other game. We picked up the expansion, and have been playing with all modules, and came across some questions.

1) When using the Loudmouth die as El Gringo, does the bullet symbol (our group calls it the "toe shooter") also force him to take an arrow since the card says "If a player...", not "If another player..."? Or does it fall into the "Indians and Dynamite" exception?

2) Does Pedro Ramirez lose an arrow for hitting himself with the "toe shooter"? If yes, can the Chief's Arrow be removed this way even though it counts as 2 arrows?

3) Can Kit Carlson remove the Chief's Arrow? If yes, does it cost 1 gatling or 2 gatlings to do it?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zade Koch
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
The official rules are ambiguous and cannot completely resolve your niche questions. However, here are the most logical and fair standards that my group plays by:

1) El Gringo must lose a life when he rolls the bullet symbol on the loudmouth die. Think of rolling the bullet symbol as an automatic action, like rolling dynamite or an indian attack, rather than a player's attack.

2) Pedro Ramirez can remove an arrow when he loses a life due to the loud mouth bullet. He can remove the indian chief's arrow. There is nothing in the rules to suggest he cannot take either of these actions.

3) Kit Carlson requires only one gatling symbol in order to remove the indian chief's arrow. The indian chief's arrow is treated as a single arrow in all cases except when counting the number of arrows in the event of an indian attack OR executing a the broken arrow action on the coward die.

I hope these clarifications help. In the end, it is a game and as long as everyone agrees to a single set of rules you'll have a fun and fair game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dV Giochi
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Emilee,
I confirm what Zade said.

Thanks, Zade

Have fun!

Martino Chiacchiera
Junior Editor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emilee
msg tools
Thank you for the clarification! This will stop some of the disagreements. We're thinking of adding a couple of house rules for some other things to keep it fresh, but first we have to fix a couple of things we weren't doing right based on some other FAQs I was reading. And we need to finish our 3D printing of bullets and arrows to make our newest copy more durable. Hehe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.