Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Malczak
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was playing my first games,I thought the Additional Equipment stats between the Americans and the Germans were identical. I didn't look closely enough at them other than to notice that there didn't ever appear to be a reason to take a Mortar over an HMG for a Heavy Infantry squad.

When I popped open the expansions, I saw that Mortars had a range of 4 and thought "ah, it must have just been a misprint on the initial German/American cards". But looking closely, there are a lot of differences in the equipment stats for the various nations.

So, I guess my questions are:

1) Are the differing stats intentional and, if so,
2) Why would the Americans or Germans ever take a Mortar over an HMG? The mechanics seem to be identical (there is no LOS issue for direct fire vs indirect fire) and the stats are much worse for the Mortar.

I'm still working on a list of other questions but I'm planning on introducing the game to a few more new players tomorrow and would like know how the Additional Equipment is supposed to work.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Manuel Moreno Ramos
Spain
Cádiz
Cádiz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Talenn wrote:
When I was playing my first games,I thought the Additional Equipment stats between the Americans and the Germans were identical. I didn't look closely enough at them other than to notice that there didn't ever appear to be a reason to take a Mortar over an HMG for a Heavy Infantry squad.

When I popped open the expansions, I saw that Mortars had a range of 4 and thought "ah, it must have just been a misprint on the initial German/American cards". But looking closely, there are a lot of differences in the equipment stats for the various nations.

So, I guess my questions are:

1) Are the differing stats intentional and, if so,
2) Why would the Americans or Germans ever take a Mortar over an HMG? The mechanics seem to be identical (there is no LOS issue for direct fire vs indirect fire) and the stats are much worse for the Mortar.

I'm still working on a list of other questions but I'm planning on introducing the game to a few more new players tomorrow and would like know how the Additional Equipment is supposed to work.

Thanks!

Hi Steve,

Game designer has confirmed to me this:
1.- Each army has different arms, and in the same way their tanks, or artillery have different stats, their support equipment may have different stats depending on their nationality.

2.- All Mortar range despite their nationality is 4, and HMG range is 3. There is a errata at Mortar range in some nationality. Thy are going to inform officially about this errata together other one about sniper that always has a range of 4.

Best regards,

Jose Manuel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Malczak
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks much for the clarification. I noticed the iPad version has the mortar range at 4 and we played that way with the tabletop version.

Looking forward to the errata/FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.