Hide
5 Posts

Ghosts Love Candy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scared kid question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Howell
msg tools
Hi!I just got the game but I am confused about scaring the kids. I'm assuming if your ghost card scares the kid, you do NOT get the candy on them, right?
If that is the case, why would you put candy on the Zombie kid? His courage is a 1. Any ghost played on him will scare him. So what's the point then?
Thanks for the help!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Devine
United States
Reno
NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Alan,

You take actions in the following order,

Play ghost card

Take candy

Use kids ability (unless otherwise noted)

Then check to see if the kid is scared for the last step.

Sometimes it's worth scaring a kid if it gets you more points.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Howell
msg tools
Thanks! One more question if you don't mind. Why does the instructions say to discard any candy on the kid when scared? Wouldn't you have taken all the candy already based on what you just said? I guess you are not required to take all candy on the kid (especially if the candy will give you 0 pointsin the end)? Thanks again. Wonderful game btw!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Devine
United States
Reno
NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That rule is for very specific situations. For example if you use the ninja to move another players ghost to another kid causing that kid to get scared, no one would get that candy when the kid is removed from the neighborhood, so it's discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Howell
msg tools
Clears everything up now! Thanks so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.