Sharon Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Games, games and more games!
mbmbmbmbmb

This thread is for discussion of the UK Maths Trade June 2017. Please keep things friendly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, you've announced it in the Math Trade Announcements Thread! thumbsup

(this is new...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As you might have noticed it, I have marked games which are not in English and not language independent with big red text to highlight this fact. I hope this way people will become aware of it easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Cooper
Ireland
MAYNOOTH,
Kildare
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally I have my own page (25 of 25 listed games are mine) in the maths trade (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/226116/uk-maths-trade...) I know I have a long way to go to reach Karsten's level in this regard but I am chuffed with myself none the less!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Churchill
United Kingdom
Holland on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is there a quick way to add games that didn't go from the UK Math trade in April to this list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Fergus
United Kingdom
St.Austell
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bazmondo123 wrote:
Is there a quick way to add games that didn't go from the UK Math trade in April to this list?

Yes, via the OLWLG.

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/addmygames.cgi?listid=2261...

Just select your offerings from a previous list then add. Note that this didn't previously work for me on Internet Explorer but it did on Chrome. You may need to experiment with browsers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm seeing a lot of entries with something like:

%Options%
VersionID: 123456
%End%

Is this useful to us? (If so, how?)

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
Worth reading and following:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/25947523#25947523

'jeffyjeff' wrote:
if you have sync'ed your game collection with the OLWLG after around 5pm ET on May 8th (and assuming you use the "Set version/edition when adding/editing your collection on BGG) and then either used the "add my games" script to add games to a MT using your "for trade" collection data or use the "Your Game Collection" script...

Assuming you have then you noticed "version" information displayed... as well as on the "add your games" script including in the text box for games where you have a version selected the options block

%Options%
VersionID: 168433
%End%

the purpose of this is that when your MT organizer sync's the geeklist the OLWLG parses and stores this for the geeklist item and in step 3 now displayed the same version text information, such as for the example above...

"Version: English first edition (2013), Language: English, Publisher: Lautapelit.fi"

this text is also hyperlinked to the version page on BGG, in this case
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/168433

The OLWLG adds this automatically if you have set versions for your games in your collection, synced your collection with the OLWLG, and used the "Add my games" option of OLWLG to add them to the Math trade geeklist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A skinned math nerd wrote:
enoon wrote:
Worth reading and following:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/25947523#25947523

'jeffyjeff' wrote:
if you have sync'ed your game collection with the OLWLG after around 5pm ET on May 8th (and assuming you use the "Set version/edition when adding/editing your collection on BGG) and then either used the "add my games" script to add games to a MT using your "for trade" collection data or use the "Your Game Collection" script...

Assuming you have then you noticed "version" information displayed... as well as on the "add your games" script including in the text box for games where you have a version selected the options block

%Options%
VersionID: 168433
%End%

the purpose of this is that when your MT organizer sync's the geeklist the OLWLG parses and stores this for the geeklist item and in step 3 now displayed the same version text information, such as for the example above...

"Version: English first edition (2013), Language: English, Publisher: Lautapelit.fi"

this text is also hyperlinked to the version page on BGG, in this case
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/168433

The OLWLG adds this automatically if you have set versions for your games in your collection, synced your collection with the OLWLG, and used the "Add my games" option of OLWLG to add them to the Math trade geeklist.

Also, this simply uses the version ID, so to add it manually, you just have to take the number mentioned in the url of a game version, for example:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/20468/avalon-...
=>

%Options%
VersionID: 20468
%End%

And yes, it is useful because it displays the version in step 3 (including a link to BGG). (Unfortunately, it doesn't work in step 4 (yet?))
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donk
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hello! I'm new to this Maths Trade business so wanted to clarify something. On the Want List Generator at bgg.activityclub.org there are 48 items appearing for me in the UK Math Trade June 2017 area, for me to add to my want list.

On the BGG June 2017 Maths Trade Thread, there are over a thousand items. The first 48 are the same as the ones that are shown on activityclub, but I can't find a way to add them to my want list.

Can anyone offer assistance? Am I doing it wrong? I'm probably doing it wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
strawdonkey wrote:
Hello! I'm new to this Maths Trade business so wanted to clarify something. On the Want List Generator at bgg.activityclub.org there are 48 items appearing for me in the UK Math Trade June 2017 area, for me to add to my want list.

On the BGG June 2017 Maths Trade Thread, there are over a thousand items. The first 48 are the same as the ones that are shown on activityclub, but I can't find a way to add them to my want list.

Don't worry, the Geeklist has to be synchronised with the OLWLG manually and my guess is that Sharon hasn't done this yet today. Normally that wouldn't be hugely significant when we're less than two days in but Karsten showed up early this time.

Hi Karsten!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donk
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
cornishlee wrote:
strawdonkey wrote:

Don't worry, the Geeklist has to be synchronised with the OLWLG manually and my guess is that Sharon hasn't done this yet today. Normally that wouldn't be hugely significant when we're less than two days in but Karsten showed up early this time.

Hi Karsten!

Great - thanks for confirming. Will have a gander tomorrow then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cornishlee wrote:
Normally that wouldn't be hugely significant when we're less than two days in but Karsten showed up early this time.
I usually hold back my items so that it doesn't look too... intimidating? But this time, I am not sure at all if I will have any time to take care of it later, so I went in as early as this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way: I will once again receive all games at an English address. (My own items will be shipped from Germany. That doesn't mean any disadvantage to you at all other than that shipping may take a day or two longer.)
If you are neither in the UK nor in Germany, please ask me for shipping conditions via GeekMail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Confused: why is the UK Math Trade June 2017 listed under "Other Active No-Shipping Math Trade(s)"

I had assumed this trade did, as usual, include shipping...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
Confused: why is the UK Math Trade June 2017 listed under "Other Active No-Shipping Math Trade(s)"

It does.

And it's often listed there for some reason. It's been discussed before but I can't remember the reason. Just ignore it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett X
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually appreciate when you add them early. It gives me a chance to look them over. I just can't parse 200 or 300 items added on the very last day of the MT so I usually skip over all of 'em. By then the things I 'want' are pretty much firmly set as well. The last MT and this one I've been able to add a few so thumbsup

cornishlee wrote:
Normally that wouldn't be hugely significant when we're less than two days in but Karsten showed up early this time.
I usually hold back my items so that it doesn't look too... intimidating? But this time, I am not sure at all if I will have any time to take care of it later, so I went in as early as this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EmpressGeek wrote:
I actually appreciate when you add them early. It gives me a chance to look them over. I just can't parse 200 or 300 items added on the very last day of the MT so I usually skip over all of 'em. By then the things I 'want' are pretty much firmly set as well. The last MT and this one I've been able to add a few so thumbsup

cornishlee wrote:

This!
I think the earlier that you post your stuff, the more likely that everyone will consider your items for trade. Although I've never tried posting late so I have no empirical evidence to back my hypothesis shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cornishlee wrote:
MrMT wrote:

It does.

And it's often listed there for some reason. It's been discussed before but I can't remember the reason. Just ignore it.

I think that the reason is just that 'no-ship' is the default setting and the trade organiser has to remember to tick a box to say otherwise (or take a tick out of a box maybe?) every time they set up a new trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wagglybean wrote:
cornishlee wrote:
MrMT wrote:

It does.

I think that the reason is just that 'no-ship' is the default setting and the trade organiser has to remember to tick a box to say otherwise (or take a tick out of a box maybe?) every time they set up a new trade.

Yep, that rings a bell. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Games, games and more games!
mbmbmbmbmb
wagglybean wrote:
cornishlee wrote:
MrMT wrote:

It does.

That is correct. The default is no-ship, and I have to manually change it, and I can't do this until after it's set up and running, so I don't always remember to do it straight away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Churchill
United Kingdom
Holland on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does it annoy you when someone puts 'Good' condition and then doesn't back it up why it's not very good/excellent condition.

I always assume excellent condition means pretty much like new, and very good to be near on perfect with a tiny bit of corner whitening/shelf wear.

Whereas 'good' condition could be anything really, and there must be something wrong with it for them to say it's 'good' and not excellent/very good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim p
United Kingdom
Margate
Kent
flag msg tools
Karsten's stuff ends on page 27 for those of you who want to get past all that German language stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tinymachine wrote:
Karsten's stuff ends on page 27 for those of you who want to get past all that German language stuff.

There's also a fair amount of English language/multi-language and language dependant stuff in there worth checking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mb
Bazmondo123 wrote:
Does it annoy you when someone puts 'Good' condition and then doesn't back it up why it's not very good/excellent condition.

I always assume excellent condition means pretty much like new, and very good to be near on perfect with a tiny bit of corner whitening/shelf wear.

Whereas 'good' condition could be anything really, and there must be something wrong with it for them to say it's 'good' and not excellent/very good.

Unfortunately, terms like 'good' and 'excellent' are subjective. You have stated your expectation of what those terms mean, but not everyone follows your definitions, and assuming that they do will just lead to disappointment. There will be some people who use 'good' to mean your definition of 'excellent', and others for whom things are still 'excellent' even if they have some shelf wear. The only thing that you can do is hope that people will mention things in the item description, but my experience with Maths Trade tells me that not everyone does, and so it's better to have a broad and generous interpretation of descriptions like 'very good'. Life is too short to quibble with people over whether or not a game is in 'excellent' condition because it has a minor cosmetic blemish on the lid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [25] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.