Hide
8 Posts

Hand of Fate: Ordeals» Forums » General

Subject: Playthroughs posted! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
meto nymous
msg tools
The makers of HoFO has posted competitive mode video playthrough, and announcing a coop tomorrow!!

Impressions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get to see more gameplay, all we got was the very beginning and the very end of the Jack. The players went for differing strategies, but we didn't really see how those strategies played out, as there was only one turn with each player in the 'late' game.
It was fine for showing off the mechanics, but I'd love to see someone do a full game, or at least a full round (phase? One of the royalty cards), so I could see some of the strategies. Maybe something starting at the Queen or King, so we can see how things play once players have started to build themselves up.

Exploration seems to be slow to start with, which surprised me at first but makes sense. If any card you flip could be the Jack, you want to make sure you're not just going to get pummeled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I love, love, love the look of this game, but something makes me feel like something isn't quite right for me. I really need an unpaid analysis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
azza rein
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty unprofessional cry but better than nothing

Also, how long does an actual game go for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
meto nymous
msg tools
… and the coop mode playthrough:

They also say that a more in-depth look at the coop mode is in the works!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mydnight wrote:
Also, how long does an actual game go for?

Kickstarter pages says 30min per player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
meto nymous
msg tools
Good effort! Seems to me that there is a gameplay. The podcast from the The Dice Men Cometh (episode 167) was also very positive.

Still miss more pro playthroughs/reviews, thoughts about how everything interacts, in-game decisions, balance, player interaction, randomness, replayability, and so on, and all those things that they cannot say about their own game.

In KS they wrote that they have sent preview copies and are waiting for to “various media outlets” to produce videos. Hope they get some able reviewers before the KS ends. Also looking forward to the more in-depth coop, maybe getting some close-ups of the gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudeman Blarg
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah, finally. Some good stuff. This gives me a good idea how the gameplay flows. I like how you can set up the board in different ways, that's a neat touch. But it looks like the game can go on for a long time. hmm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.