Chris Servais
msg tools
Lets say the defending player in a strike intuits that they will not be able to avoid taking unguarded damage from the attacker, whether because their cards will not be fast enough to play first and/or will not armor/guard away enough damage.

Since she must choose sonething to play, her strategic choice of what to strike with comes down to:

-maybe armoring away a bit of damage
-sacrificing the least valuable card in her hand, knowing it won't get to pop
-wild swinging

Assuming that special card effects aren't modifying rules or gameplay. Is there another factor I'm missing that might play into this decision?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something else to note is that the card you're giving up is also feeding information to your opponent. If your opponent knows you don't have a specific card in your arsenal anymore, he/she has that much more of an advantage. The cards you're willing to discard for force also reveals a little about your plan and options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
When I know I am in an unwinnable situation I always wild swing. The most hype moment often happen here when you wild swing into that one card that saves your bacon. Lily in particular is good at this because she has several high speed push move and Magic Bullet which has crazy stats and adjusts its range if used as a wild swing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.