Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Savage
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Quick question that the rules don't specify either way.

Is the amount of coins that a player currently holds free information for everyone at the table? Or are they allowed to hide their current amount of coins off the table and refuse to answer a direct question about how many they currently have?
The game doesn't say that this information must be available to other players, but it also doesn't say anything about keeping it hidden.

As the game goes on, it becomes more important to know how much an opponent player has - if you want to block them from getting a certain card, for example. We wondered if you could refuse to answer the question - and if it is then required for players to start keeping a reference to other player's cash reserves.

Just wondering if I'm missing something in the rules regarding this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the rules say but I would always play with my money open and easily visible to other players. I always assume that money, victory points, cards in hand, or anything‚Äč like that which is trackable is open information unless the rules specifically state otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.