Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Crisman
United States
Decatur
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy to the table today for the first time, and thoroughly enjoyed what I've seen so far. While thinking back on it (while I finished up some work), I started to wonder if I botched the first Event card that should be played at the beginning of the game...

During set up, you end up with an Event deck that has a "Chapter I" card, then some "Event" cards, then a "Chapter II" card, etc.

At the very beginning of the game (campaign), you are instructed to draw an Event card. In this instance, is that "Chapter I" card considered an Event card? Or should I have read the "Chapter I" card, then revealed the next card (which actually says "Event" on the back)?

I could see either way being right. On one hand it gives you a round with no real "Event" (a little extra time to prepare). Or on the other hand, it gives you that variation from the very first round of the game with an actual event (the Chapter card doesn't really have a true "event").

Is there something I missed that would clear this up? I don't have the material in front of me to go back through.

Joshua

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SmallRobot Painting
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pLayed it that he card with Chapter 1 written on the back was my first event card..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Yanyo
United States
Evansville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SmallRobot wrote:
I pLayed it that he card with Chapter 1 written on the back was my first event card..

This is the way we played as well, but I'm unsure that it was correct. In the Journal (I believe) it mentions adding cold based on the first Event, which doesn't happen with the Chapter 1 card. However, the Chapter 2 card explicitly says to draw and resolve the next Event card, whereas the Chapter 1 card (IIRC) did not. So I would like to know the definitive answer to this as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too played it like this. Somewhere in the scripts for event cards faq it does mention that an event card may be an event or an act, or something along those lines, so I think we did it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Crisman
United States
Decatur
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did notice that it instructs you to draw the first "card" of the Event deck. Not the first "event".

So, maybe we're right?

Joshua
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you are all correct. Your first day is a 'freebie' of sorts event wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Schlepper
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look in the designated FAQ section in the Script book for events... I think I remember what everybody here assumed is confirmed in there. Sorry,do not have the book on me at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Script 200:-
"During the Morning phase the top card in the Events deck is resolved, regardless of whether it is an Event card, an Ending Event card or a Chapter card"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heinrich Glumpler
Germany
Koeln
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

yes, paragraph 200 should clear up this question, but...

As Stefan told us, it says "During the Morning phase the top card in the Events deck is resolved, regardless of whether it is an Event card, an Ending Event card or a Chapter card"

"Resolving a chapter card" could well mean to draw another event card right after it, because in the next paragraph "Kapitel- und Zielkarten" ("Chapter cards and Objective cards") the german text is:

"Wenn du eine Karte vom Ereignisstapel ziehst und es sich dabei um eine Kapitelkarte handelt, befolge den Kartentext. Anschließend startest du einen neuen Tag, indem du sofort eine neue Karte vom Ereignisstapel ziehst und abhandelst."

(my translation)
"If you draw a card from the event deck and this card is a chapter card, follow the card text. After that start a new day by immediately drawing a new card from the event deck and executing it."

Best Regards
Heinrich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heinrich Glumpler
Germany
Koeln
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
I found out more about script entry 200 - see here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1915270/chapter-cards-a...

Best Regards
Heinrich

Edit: Apparently you have to draw an separate Event card in the first turn after drawing the Chapter card - see thread above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.