Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Hoffman
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say the presence of pirates means -1 VC for regions that are contiguously adjacent. Is this more clearly stated as simply "adjacent"? -- contiguous and adjacent suggests entire continents being affected by one pirate. The rules in French and German seem to say just adjacent without mention of being contiguous.

Another thread here seems to ask this same thing but reply posts did not answer the question. Anyone know the answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Jakobsen
Denmark
København S
København
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I interprets it as being as you put it simply adjacent. That is also what I have seen other play with
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len L
msg tools
I think (or thought) I knew what "contiguously adjacent" meant...

My interpretation was that if you entire coastline (i.e. contiguously) was touching a pirate ship.

For example, on the 4 player board, look at the land touching the right side of the board. There's a green Hill Region with a Mine on it. That region touches TWO River regions. If there's a Pirate on both regions, then the "1 less VC" is the impact. However, if one of the pirates is removed (not both) the region is no longer "contiguously" adjacent to a pirate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.