Subject: Running out of cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Street Shutter
United States
California
flag msg tools
We played our first game and had a couple questions-

1) the +1 action card- does it add a card to the number drawn or does it raise the number of card you are going for (i.e. 3, 3, 3, +1, now you go for 4)

2)we played and ended up running out of cards in the deck, what do we do? We had gotten enough cards in our hands that when someone (me) finally had to draw I needed 53 cards and there weren't enough between the deck and the discard pile. We had no clue what to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyril
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. It adds a card to the number drawn.
In the other case, it would be problematic with the "9" card, because there's no "10" card.

2. I don't know. We encountered this problem a couple of times, so we decided to play with the following house rules : when you "eat a mouthful", you draw one card at a time. If you draw an Indigestion card, you stop drawing (actually, it's the same variant here).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Street Shutter
United States
California
flag msg tools
THanks Cyril! We played with the new rule of drawing one card at a time and had better luck! I think we will keep that as a house rule!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Crawford
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook states that if you run out of cards while drawing; you start drawing from the discard pile.

I guess it’s possible that you could run out of discard cards also. In this case; I would assume you just draw every remaining card.

Playing where you stop drawing when you hit an indigestion is how we played, but only because we misread the rulebook. The correct way sounds better; because if you don’t have 2 tokens already, you have the option of drawing a huge number of cards; knowing you will get an indigestion, but having a larger hand for next round. With the variant; this strategy could get you few or no cards due to bad luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.