Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Skip Mathias
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Combat Quest The Wolfwrangler, one of the Side Quests requires you to Defeat 1 [Monster Token].

For the Combat Investigation A Meeting with a Bounty Hunter[/i], the task is to Defeat 1 [b]silver [Monster Token].

For the Combat Investigation, obviously, this is a silver monster. But for the Combat Quest, it does not say. What monster class (bronze, silver, gold) do I have to fight?

Now, this might be a moot point, but the reason I ask the above question is, for nearly every Side Quest that I have seen in the game (and in the rules), you can turn in the Side Quest at any point during your turn before or after you take an action.

So, for these two scenarios, do I complete the Side Quest/Task if I defeat a monster over the natural progression of the game or do I take the top token from the appropriate monster stack and defeat a monster in that fashion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
androidodnetnin wrote:
For the Combat Quest The Wolfwrangler, one of the Side Quests requires you to Defeat 1 [Monster Token].

For the Combat Investigation A Meeting with a Bounty Hunter[/i], the task is to Defeat 1 [b]silver [Monster Token].

For the Combat Investigation, obviously, this is a silver monster. But for the Combat Quest, it does not say. What monster class (bronze, silver, gold) do I have to fight?

Now, this might be a moot point, but the reason I ask the above question is, for nearly every Side Quest that I have seen in the game (and in the rules), you can turn in the Side Quest at any point during your turn before or after you take an action.

So, for these two scenarios, do I complete the Side Quest/Task if I defeat a monster over the natural progression of the game or do I take the top token from the appropriate monster stack and defeat a monster in that fashion?

If not specified you can choose what monster type.

You can do this (i.e. complete the quest) whenever you defeat said monster on your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nusferatu wrote:
androidodnetnin wrote:

If not specified you can choose what monster type.

You can do this (i.e. complete the quest) whenever you defeat said monster on your turn.
Agreed. If something tells you to "defeat 1 monster" it means that you must turn in one monster token of any kind to fulfill it. It does not mean that you get to fight a monster when you draw the card.
I.e. the first interpretation of your last sentence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.