Hide
14 Posts

Folklore: The Affliction» Forums » General

Subject: Which creatures lack a miniature? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jsdhjsahj swjkasjksdjkskj
msg tools
I know we won't get miniatures for all creatures in the game, e.g swarms because of how they play, so I wanted to ask exactly which creatures will only be represented by tokens, not including ones that get a miniature in the various expansions?
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gazery Pooh

Keighley
West Yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think we get a miniature for the Angry Mob either, other than that though I think we are covered for Afflictions and creatures, if you got everything.

Edit: actually you might be right, there may be a couple of creatures that we don't get. As the game comes with 28 creature cards. As far as I can tell we will get 23 different types of models for the creatures. Plus the Angry Mob and Bat Swarm that leaves 3 creatures unaccounted for.

Now 1 could be for the Stickmen figures we get, but not certain they are a creature or a terrain feature, or both.
Another 1 could be for the Demon Spawn/Night Terror, not certain if it is the same model for two different creatures, or they just renamed the creature.
The final one though? Perhaps a different type of swarm - a rat swarm?

So not certain if we have models for all creatures apart from the swarms and Angry Mob. Or we could be 3 creatures short, plus the Angry Mob and Bat Swarm.

Hope that helps some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="Gazery"]I don't think we get a miniature for the Angry Mob either, other than that though I think we are covered for Afflictions and creatures, if you got everything.[/q[

angry mob and bat swarm are 50mm tokens, whose area of effect is their token. a mini would make using them ineffective as they attack whomever is standing on them. they are the only swarm/mobs in the game.

Quote:
Edit: actually you might be right, there may be a couple of creatures that we don't get. As the game comes with 28 creature cards. As far as I can tell we will get 23 different types of models for the creatures. Plus the Angry Mob and Bat Swarm that leaves 3 creatures unaccounted for.

all of the terryfying creatures (red glow) use alternate art/colors from existing creatures, and use the same miniature. if you got the tan alt color set of figures, this is what they are for(besides having alt model to paint differently if you choose).

Their are a few models that don't come in the core game, b/c the creatures aren't used in any stories in the core game, but might be used for skirmishes(which don't use mini's), their mini's come in the dark tales expansion(which damn near everyone in the kickstarter campaign is getting.

dark tale mini's whose creature cards ar ein core game, for use as skirmishes.
1. highwaymen
2. under taker
3. vicious hound
4. watchmen
all afflictions are tokens in the core game. they have mini's included in dark tales(excluding collosal dark oak, he is a seperate special mini with apposable arms and head).

Quote:
Now 1 could be for the Stickmen figures we get, but not certain they are a creature or a terrain feature, or both.

stickman is a terrain feature, but in one story becomes a companion for a chapter. he is a stand up token in the core game. his mini can be gotten in the FL08 - Terrain pack.

Quote:
Another 1 could be for the Demon Spawn/Night Terror, not certain if it is the same model for two different creatures, or they just renamed the creature.

unique cross over affliciton form the board game Middara. He has his own mini from the middara game, but printed in folklore style with name on bottom, and has his own story(pdf download link on the packaging)..

Quote:
The final one though? Perhaps a different type of swarm - a rat swarm?

no rats.

Quote:
So not certain if we have models for all creatures apart from the swarms and Angry Mob. Or we could be 3 creatures short, plus the Angry Mob and Bat Swarm.

Hope that helps some.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Turner
United Kingdom
Romsey
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Assembly KS now live!
badge
Assembly KS now live!
mbmbmbmbmb
zeeparkes wrote:
all afflictions are tokens in the core game. they have mini's included in dark tales(excluding collosal dark oak, he is a seperate special mini with apposable arms and head).

I can't find mini's for the following Affliction tokens:

Empusae Coven;
Woodmother;
The Lich;
Doppelganger.

Where are these located?

Thanks,

Stu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Stuartt wrote:
zeeparkes wrote:

I can't find mini's for the following Affliction tokens:

Empusae Coven;
Woodmother;
The Lich;
Doppelganger.

Where are these located?

Thanks,

Stu

they don't exist. Game creators got overzealous on affliction creation near end of development and were out of budget to add more minis. thus generic affliction token (normal and large scale) were included in dark tales to facilitate afflictions w/o miniatures and or custom afflictions who are just a stat block and or home brew created.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Turner
United Kingdom
Romsey
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Assembly KS now live!
badge
Assembly KS now live!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Zee. Good to know that I'm not missing anything from my pledge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Stuartt wrote:

yeah, I was a bit upset we didn't have physical versions of them either(They have tokens for on board representation), but our budget was strung to the max on this project, and try as I must, wasn't able to get those added to the que(They were also quit late additions to the game, as the expansion stories had not yet been finalized at the KS campaigns end). It also took our 3d artist nearly 2 years to do all the minis for this game, and we had quit a few back and fourths on correcting various issues with the them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once I see what these monsters look like, I may just have to find a mini to represent them. I have a fair number of minis already, it shouldn't be too hard to find one to fit the bill

Anyone have suggestions of good proxies?

Empusae Coven

Woodmother

The Lich

Doppelganger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doppelganger - use a tan player miniature (or if you didn't get that then just any player mini).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Turner
United Kingdom
Romsey
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Assembly KS now live!
badge
Assembly KS now live!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any plans to have these minis added in the new kickstarter that is coming up soon? Also will the new kickstarter have any new content or is it purely a reprint?

zeeparkes wrote:
Stuartt wrote:

yeah, I was a bit upset we didn't have physical versions of them either(They have tokens for on board representation), but our budget was strung to the max on this project, and try as I must, wasn't able to get those added to the que(They were also quit late additions to the game, as the expansion stories had not yet been finalized at the KS campaigns end). It also took our 3d artist nearly 2 years to do all the minis for this game, and we had quit a few back and fourths on correcting various issues with the them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Turner
United Kingdom
Romsey
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Assembly KS now live!
badge
Assembly KS now live!
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question has just come to mind, is there a reason in game for the extra minis that were given during the kickstarter (e.g. extra werewolves, extra tree monsters, extra vampires etc). The reason I ask is that since there is no way for them to fit into the insert I might put them in another box in the loft to tidy my game box. Of course I won't be able to do this if they are needed in a scenario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gazery Pooh

Keighley
West Yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the extra grey minis are to represent the terrifying version of those creatures. I don’t have my copy yet, should come on Monday, so I can’t check to see if this is correct. As for the tan minis, I believe they are just an extra set and most likely won’t be needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven White
England
flag msg tools
The corrupted humans in Fire team zero kinda look like cool doppelgänger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven White
England
flag msg tools
...And there are more than a few lich minis (just don't use GW Nagash) 🤢

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.