Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Jackson
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If you have a base action power of three and the gain additional industry value, can you then get the 5-power bonus (assuming your industry level is 5 or beyond now) and can you construct a building?

Thanks for any help in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
petejacko wrote:

If you have a base action power of three and the gain additional industry value, can you then get the 5-power bonus (assuming your industry level is 5 or beyond now) and can you construct a building?

No. Extra industry doesn't gain you any power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. If you ever want to claim the 5 power bonus on a location, it must be a 'natural' 5 power action. Ie, say your president plus 4 assistants. You could not artifically pump up your power from say 3 to 5, and then claim it. You must have 5 power naturally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Jackson
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks both, that is what I assumed but without finding the explicit ruling in the book, we made a judgement call ... the wrong call.

Hugely enjoyable game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
petejacko wrote:

You already got the answer, but I'll clarify a bit because it may help with other questions...

The 5-power reward is for doing a 5-power action, period. You only get power from your president, assistants, buildings, and maybe the station token. You cannot buy more power.

You don't spend power on tech cards, you spend Industry points. You get some Industry points based on your power, and you're allowed to buy more industry points to afford a higher cost tech.

Buying industry points has nothing to do with the 5-power bonus though. It also has nothing to do with whether you can build or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.