Hide
10 Posts

Ca$h 'n Guns (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Dictator card confusion - please help! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Wall
msg tools
Can someone please give clarity about the dictator power. We played this game a while back and had a huge debate.

The whole "once per loot share" you can stop someone taking a card is confusing the hell out of me.

Example:

Player A & B are left and A has the dictator. Say only money and diamonds are left on the table for the loot share can A stop player B taking any diamonds at all OR just the one diamond once and then player B can share the others too?

Thanks
Patrick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wkdshogun wrote:
Can someone please give clarity about the dictator power. We played this game a while back and had a huge debate.

The whole "once per loot share" you can stop someone taking a card is confusing the hell out of me.

Example:

Player A & B are left and A has the dictator. Say only money and diamonds are left on the table for the loot share can A stop player B taking any diamonds at all OR just the one diamond once and then player B can share the others too?

Thanks
Patrick

Can you post the text of the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Wall
msg tools

See above

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because it uses the word "type", I interpret this as being able to forbid a single player from taking a particular type of loot (e.g. cash, diamonds, paintings, etc) for the entire round. And of course, you can wait until they're about to take it to say so, so they telegraph their intention.

Actually... I think I changed my mind (see below)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I read the card, it lasts only for an instant....not for the entire loot sharing session. It's a one time block only.

But you don't want to be sitting next to the guy with that card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
richcharters wrote:
As I read the card, it lasts only for an instant....not for the entire loot sharing session. It's a one time block only.

Yeah, in retrospect, I think you're right. For example, let's say there are mostly diamonds left, and someone tries to take one. You can prevent them, and they have to take one of the other cards (say $5000), then everyone else gets to take diamonds, then, if there are any left, the player that was forbidden gets to take one.

richcharters wrote:
But you don't want to be sitting next to the guy with that card!

I don't think player order has anything to do with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Wall
msg tools
Thanks guys so it's not overpowered after all! If it was for the entire loot share it seemed ridiculous!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
I don't think player order has anything to do with it.

If the guy with that card sits just after you in player order, then he'll often block you from taking good loot so that he can immediately pick up that loot. But if he's 2 or 3 seats away he won't block you nearly as much....because the next person would just take the 'good' loot anyway.

He'll want to use his card when it can directly improve the loot that he is able to pick up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather use the card to block the guy who I know has been hoarding paintings or diamonds. Just blocking the guy right before you seems a small move in comparison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gallo
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
I'd rather use the card to block the guy who I know has been hoarding paintings or diamonds. Just blocking the guy right before you seems a small move in comparison.

Sure, but if that guy is sitting 2-3 seats away, the people between you will take the painting/diamonds that you blocked from him and you won't get it.

If you're only using the power to stop him from getting points, then you're likely to end up in 3rd instead of in 1st.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.