Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If Finn is defeated the rules states his rifle can be redeployed but it is a villain weapon that Finn can use because he used to be 1st Order soldier. Can I still redeploy to any of my characters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew McMillin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My understanding of Finn's ability is that it does 2 things

1. Allows you to equip ANY weapon even if it says something like "Blue character only" such as Luke's lightsaber. Though you'd still need a blue character on your team to include Luke's lightsaber in the first place.

2. The second aspect of his ability is allowing you to include RED villain weapons and vehicles in your deck. If you can include the weapon in your deck (as long as its RED) then the "Redeploy" keyword still works and you can move it to your other characters when Finn dies. Also, your other characters could equip something like DT-29 Blaster Pistol since its only restriction is Red Villain decks which is being bypassed by Finn's ability.

Hope this answers your question!

Edited for further clarity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sinfield
msg tools
The colour/side restriction only matters for deckbuilding. It has no effect 'in game', so anything you bring into your deck with Finn can be played normally.

The only restriction on playing a card on someone is if it says '<colour> character only' (or 'Spot a <colour> character, in which case you can play it on anyone as long as you can spot the relevant character). The F-11D isn't restricted to certain characters, so can go on anyone. And Finn's other ability ignores normal colour restrictions, so he can take any weapons.

Also, although it doesn't directly relate to your question...Redeploy 'moves' the card to a new character, and moving ignores play restrictions. Currently there aren't any cards that have both Redeploy and a play restriction, but there could be in the future. In that case, you'll need to meet the requirements to play the card initially, but if that character then dies you'd be able to move the upgrade on to anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for that it was the way I was playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.