Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Fish
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any logistical reason you couldn't play the game with 6 players? Aside from lengthening the game? Would it make the game significantly less strategic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd be missing two starting cards, and may be lacking in cubes.

Fights for point cards would be much more tense.

But otherwise, i think it would work with 6.

Heck, it would probably work for 10 players if you just double the amount of cards in each row and mix cards and cubes from 2 copies. (and maybe invent a third type of coins worth 2 points to put a third card with bonus coins tied to it).

Though i'd rather play a party game like the resistance than this at that player count. Things might move just too fast at 10 players... It would be inteesting to try it out.

(wonders if something like this is planned for Century 2 and 3).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Fish
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ahh the start cards. The dealbreaker. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thefishman wrote:

You could print off copies and sleeve them.

It doesn't really matter too much if people
Know what cards you have left in your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson @NazcaGames
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
thefishman wrote:

You could print off copies and sleeve them.

It doesn't really matter too much if people
Know what cards you have left in your hand.

You'll also need another caravan card as well.. although you could just draw 10 squares on a napkin and use that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nazcagames wrote:
You'll also need another caravan card as well.. although you could just draw 10 squares on a napkin and use that.

Eh, not really. Some of the people I taught this game too didn't bother to use their caravan. I started to point it out like, "hey, your spices need to be on your caravan!", but then was like, well I can clearly tell they don't have anywhere near 10 and cubes are flying around a lot and I'm kind of a messy gamer myself, so keeping the cubes in their little spots on the caravan was more trouble than it's worth, so I don't think it's a deal breaker not to have a caravan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois LC
Canada
St-Bruno-de-Montarville (Near Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thefishman wrote:

If the opportunity ever shows up to play it at 6 players (probably when my parent come to visit us), my plan was to give the weakest player the "upgrade 3" and the "yellow+red" production card (or split those 2 cards between the 2 weaker players and using one set of starter cards between these 2 weaker players). So, the weakest player would indeed have a great advantage, but hey, they are suppose to be the weakest player, so you should not fear them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I think the box says 2 - 5 players........(silly box)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson @NazcaGames
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
nazcagames wrote:

Eh, not really. Some of the people I taught this game too didn't bother to use their caravan. I started to point it out like, "hey, your spices need to be on your caravan!", but then was like, well I can clearly tell they don't have anywhere near 10 and cubes are flying around a lot and I'm kind of a messy gamer myself, so keeping the cubes in their little spots on the caravan was more trouble than it's worth, so I don't think it's a deal breaker not to have a caravan.

Just be sure that you don't exceed the 10 cube limit. Experienced players will be hitting the 10 cube ceiling very frequently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Gingrich
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cerberus777 wrote:
thefishman wrote:

If the opportunity ever shows up to play it at 6 players (probably when my parent come to visit us), my plan was to give the weakest player the "upgrade 3" and the "yellow+red" production card (or split those 2 cards between the 2 weaker players and using one set of starter cards between these 2 weaker players). So, the weakest player would indeed have a great advantage, but hey, they are suppose to be the weakest player, so you should not fear them!

I agree with Francois. Pull the "upgrade 3" and "red/yellow" gather card out and give those to the least experienced player to start.

I think the game would work fine with 6 players although there might be a bit of lag between turns. I already experience that a little in a 4 player game so I'm not sure how bad it might be with 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.