King of Tokyo» Forums » General

Subject: KoT Halloween 2nd Edition - 2017 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Quoc Diep
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Will the King of Tokyo Halloween version released later this year in October feature the same Monsters and cards as the current 1st edition print?

It would be neat to see new Halloween monsters or cards in this updated version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there even going to be a new version? I wasn't really paying attention, but I don't remember hearing anything about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes there is a reprint this year.
Confirmed in this thread:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26006473#26006473
daloester wrote:
chestond wrote:
IELLO is working on Halloween 2nd edition and said it should be ready by Halloween.

Releasing over the summer!

As far as we know, it will be almost a straight up reprint, the only "major" difference should be the card-backs will be 2nd edition.

They've said before that the Halloween art was already 'up to 2nd edition standards', so there isn't any -need- to redo it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quoc Diep
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
That's very interesting. I hadn't read anywhere where they stated that the art was "up to 2nd edition standard". I think I actually remember reading the opposite where they said they stated there would atleast be updated art, but maybe they were simply referring to the card backing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tastypuppy wrote:
That's very interesting. I hadn't read anywhere where they stated that the art was "up to 2nd edition standard". I think I actually remember reading the opposite where they said they stated there would atleast be updated art, but maybe they were simply referring to the card backing.

(Using phone, so quick post, because copy/paste is a pain)
Two places where they say the art is already good enough.
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/22915419#22915419
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23509999#23509999

They might still change it, but there is no need to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe
United States
Indio
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Associate Marketing Manager
badge
Renegade Game Studios
mbmbmbmbmb
We did decide to update it! You can see some of the new artwork here: http://shop.iellogames.com/p/king-of-tokyo-halloween-2017-ve...

Not huge changes, but a bit more dynamic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rivera
United States
Union City
California
flag msg tools
Yeah, smart move to update the artwork.

Not that anything was wrong with the previous work, but it would just be weird to sell tell 2nd with the only change beung the card backs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Djordjevic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
daloester wrote:
We did decide to update it! You can see some of the new artwork here: http://shop.iellogames.com/p/king-of-tokyo-halloween-2017-ve...

Not huge changes, but a bit more dynamic!

Will there be costume cards? I cant see them listed on iello page

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aleksdj wrote:
Will there be costume cards? I cant see them listed on iello page

Yes. The costume card(back)s are pretty much the entire point of the reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the costume cards are included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Neau
msg tools
mb
IelloGames wrote:
Yes, the costume cards are included.

FYI, the contents on the coming soon section of the website do not mention costume cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian P
United States
Mount Pleasant
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The problem I have is that the card backs of the new 2017 edition of the Halloween pack is they do not match the lastest edition of the King of Tokyo board game. It's obbvious they are coming up in the deck.

The first edition the card backs were identical to the earlier versions of the game but now, they don't.

Still not sure what the point here is to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roadkill72 wrote:
The problem I have is that the card backs of the new 2017 edition of the Halloween pack is they do not match the lastest edition of the King of Tokyo board game. It's obbvious they are coming up in the deck.

The first edition the card backs were identical to the earlier versions of the game but now, they don't.

Still not sure what the point here is to that.

It does add some extra strategy, Costumes are special cards, and people want them. Being able to gauge when the next one will show up allows you to plan around having enough energy (and or sweeping so you get first dibs).

It also 'fixes' edition compatibility issues. Instead of people complaining that the backs don't match, well, now they aren't supposed to. (Reminder that regardless of what they did, people are going to complain.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.