Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Web
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all. I was just wondering if anyone knows the status of the Australia & New Zealand Kickstarter delivery of Yokohama. We still haven't received our copy here in Melbourne. Anyone have their copy yet? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was an update a couple of weeks ago. June/July was mentioned. Everyone else seems to have theirs so I am guessing some problem with the local distribution agent.

EDIT:
Ahh. Here it is. From the May 21 update:
Quote:
Australia Shipping - Both Yokohama and Colosseum are slated to reach our backers in Australia at the end of June/beginning of July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rowlands
United Kingdom
Amersham
Bucks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GregDarcy wrote:
There was an update a couple of weeks ago. June/July was mentioned. Everyone else seems to have theirs so I am guessing some problem with the local distribution agent.

EDIT:
Ahh. Here it is. From the May 21 update:
Quote:
Australia Shipping - Both Yokohama and Colosseum are slated to reach our backers in Australia at the end of June/beginning of July.

There is no problem with local distribution. TMG have been deceitful. Colosseum should have arrived months ago but they kept it in America until Yokohama arrived to ship them together and save money. Check out the comments on the Colossem and Yokohama kickstarter. They are not a company I would back on kickstarter unless you live in America or possibly Canada. The worst part is their lack of information until it started affecting their flow of history campaign.

The other reason it takes so long is that they ship the games from China to USA and then to Australia. I appreciate they are a profit making organisation but they had paid extra for delivery and so this was just a way of saving money.

Naively I had held TMG in high regard and this practice of deceit and lies was quite an eye opener. Will they learn? I hope so but I will not hold my breath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I said, I was guessing.

And they have lost at least one backer for FoH. Not because they were deceitful.

But because I will not back anything more of theirs until I receive Yokohama. Apart from that I quite liked the look of FoH. Their loss.

I may be naive but I don't see conspiracy here. I am more inclined to think they are a small games company and just don't understand fulfillment on the global level Kickstarter requires. Though I agree they should. They ought to hire Jamey Stegmaier as a consultant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Leutton
Australia
Kenmore
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The company aspect is all fair enough. I'm just confused as to why there are copies available on game shop shelves (real copies that you can touch, as per comments on KS), and backers haven't got theirs? Are games shops buying them another way? Surely if the shipment is in the country, we should be getting them sent to us straight away? So confusing! I just want to play crycrycry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they the deluxified version? If so then yes we all have something to complain about. Though I have seen it happen with KS projects before. And probably will again.

More likely though, they are the retail version, and possibly even the original rather than the TMG version. In either case, there is likely to be a different delivery path. Probably direct from China. As I must admit, the KS version should have been.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Shoolman
Australia
Docklands
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone heard any updates about our copies and when we should expect them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
Australia
Hammond Park
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting for the KS copy (I'm from Perth), I feel sorry for the people who backed both Colosseum and Yokohama, from memory they're charging us $25USD shipping per game to Australia. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If we hadn't had to pay such a subsidy for delivery I wouldn't mind so much, but we paid over 3 times the shipping (IIRC) than a US backer

Then there's this, from the April 27th Update:

Just a quick update for South America and Australia. Your games are still making their way to your fulfillment center and should arrive in about 4 weeks.

Then there was the update on May 21 linked above, that said end of June/July - this says to me that the games had not even shipped from the US yet (as to why they didn't just ship from China direct, I will never understand......) as even the slowest boat from the US to Aus can only be 4/5 weeks, and End of June from May 21 is about 6 weeks.

I'm sorry, but I will NEVER back anything else on Kickstarter from TMG, and I am very reluctant to even purchase any of their games now, after the complete lack of any kind of customer service to us Antipodeans. I liked Lance (Undead Viking) when he was doing his YouTube videos, but even he seems to have disappeared down a rabbit hole when it comes to these issues.
I didn't back Colosseum, but I feel even more sorry for those people, who have been waiting even more months longer than us poor Yokohama people....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear our Aussie and Kiwi gamers not getting their games yet. Just know that since you are a backer, you will get the deluxified version, which is super nice (and lucky) to have. It's worth the wait!!! Hope you all will get your games soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Vlahos
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Still waiting for mine to be delivered here in Melbourne
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest News....sort of...
From Kickstartrer page

Update #23

Jul 13 2017
AU and NZ Fulfillment

Hello Everyone

I am pleased to say that the games heading to AU and NZ backers have finally left customs and are heading to the fulfillment center. This means that the end to the long wait can now safely be said to be within sight. I realize that this comes as little relief to those of you who have been waiting as long as you have for your copies, but I hope that getting this fantastic game in your hands will help assuage some of the rightly placed anger and frustration you have been feeling.

We here at TMG dropped the ball on this one. And we apologize for what happened. Again, that is little comfort, but we have learned from this experience (hard lessons to be sure) and we will use that experience to make sure that we do not make the same mistakes twice.

I would like to say one thing however - while there is plenty of blame to be placed square on our accountable shoulders, one thing that has been said repeatedly is simply untrue. It has been posited that the decision to combine the shipments of Colosseum and Yokohama together was done to save money. This is simply not the fact. It was a decision based simply on the fact that Colosseum was currently being prepared for shipment, and the copies of Yokohama that were earmarked for AU and NZ delivery were going to be at the same shipping location in one weeks time. We made the decision to have them put together for simplicity reasons, not monetary ones. I can see an argument could be made that the intrinsic dollar value of simplification would in fact be less - so if anyone wants to hang their hat on that argument, I will concede it, but the bottom line was that our shipping partner was going to charge us the exact same fee whether we put the orders together or not. It was a bad choice on our part - one that we take full accountability for, but it was not made in an attempt to reduce our costs at the expense of our backers.

Again - let me apologize for everyone hear at TMG for the time it has taken to get this game to you. I would also like to thank you all for your understanding and your patience, even if in this case we have done little to deserve either.

Respectfully

Lance Myxter
Official Viking Pillager of Tasty Minstrel Games

Whats happened since......

I've been visiting the KS page regularly to keep a eye on what's happening.

Well apparently a few Aussie backers have been getting phone texts asking them to update address' and details....

A few haven't replied fearing it as an phishing exerciser by some unscrupulous bastard.
Tell you the truth no one knows. we've posted on the KS page for TMG to clarify if this is a legitimate text by the Aussie distributor....but as yet no reply....
Need less to say we don't know who TMG local distributor is because they won't tell us....

It's a ClusterF@$K that's for sure.....
I'll post this on the Colosseum BGG page as well

More info as it comes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, from the KS comments page, as well as texts people have been getting an email also, that I won't repost here as I haven't gotten it. But if what was posted is correct, seems highly unprofessional.

Delays I don't mind, they happen. But it's the lack of communication and transparency that bothers me. I see some people applauding TMG for transparency after the most recent update (which was to say that things had only just cleared customs, a full TWO WEEKS after a previous update, to say that the games had landed and paperwork cleared.....eh?). Transparency would be to say what had happened, WHY there was such a delay. Was it an issue with the ship, was it something else? Obfuscating things so much just makes us think they were trying to cut corners, or save money somewhere.
Note, I am not suggesting they have, but just stating that what happened doesn't help us think otherwise.

I await a response about these texts and emails, but I honestly don't hold out much hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bigmore
Australia
Morphett Vale
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck and walks like a duck it is usually a duck!

TMG have cut every corner and scraped every cent of profit out of AU/NZ backers, hell the so called "fulfilment centre" is nothing more than some snoozers garage, if you want some serious untruths look no further than TMG and their totally uncool mouthpiece at present!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
Australia
Hammond Park
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wondering if you backed both Yokohama and Colosseum, will they come in a single box or separate boxes?

According to the "Crusaders: Thy Will Be Done" KS shipping section they have this:

"People have come to expect a premium experience when choosing to support a Deluxified™ TMG game. Crusaders: Thy Will Be Done will follow our high quality shipping standard of being bubble wrapped, boxed individually and then boxed up again before being shipped to you. This will ensure that your copy arrives in pristine condition, ready to enjoy. The following is an unboxing of a Deluxified™ Yokohama, to illustrate what we are offering:"

It would be silly if they send both games using the said method.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vwgolf wrote:

As long as they actually ship...

I am beginning to doubt it. It has been several weeks since they announced they were in the country and the "paperwork" done. Then they say they have cleared customs. Excuse me. How wasn't that part of the paperwork. Or even a prerequisite.

I am certainly not backing TMG again. They would need to deliver by sampan to change my mind. Not gonna happen where I live. Actually, Sampan delivery would probably have been faster. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GregDarcy wrote:
vwgolf wrote:

As long as they actually ship...

I don't think it's a case of not shipping, TMG are a big enough company that just abandoning customers at this point would be commercial suicide.

I'd just have liked more honest communication. If there's a delay, just tell us. You'd be surprised how accommodating people can be when they know what is happening.

However, if this guy is doing fulfilment, then my estimation of TMG may have been somewhat greater than the reality...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuting Yang
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a backer of the Deluxified Yokohama from Taiwan and I have been genuinely upset and fed up with the entire process.

To put things in perspective, backers in Taiwan had to pay US$30 for shipping a copy of the game, which was manufactured and shipped directly from China. Apparently backers in Taiwan were not the only ones to get the shorter end of the stick; backers in Hong Kong had to pay US$30 too for shipping. Naturally some folks were unhappy about this (myself included) and one commented about the situation on the KS page. I don't remember the response from a TMG rep verbatim, but it was something to the effect of: "Be thankful that you can get the game shipped to you for US$30; the alternative would be US$50 of shipping to have the game shipped from the US".

The truth is, TMG could have put up some lame excuses and I'd have felt indifferent but such blatant arrogance was entirely uncalled for and it left a very bad aftertaste for me.

Fast forward to May, when shipping for Yokohama began. For some strange reason, backers in Hong Kong and Singapore received their game as scheduled; but backers in Taiwan had to put up with a month of delay due to some screwed up freight arrangements.

I'd admit that my experience as a board game enthusiast is rather limited, having not gotten into the hobby for more than 5 years. I used to think that if a game is good enough, I am willing to take and put up with a lot of crap just to be able to get the game (I am looking at you, Game Salute). I felt the same way when I signed up for Yokohama but now that I have a modest collection of many excellent games, my stance on game acquisition has changed significantly.

When you get right down to it, the thing that matters most about playing and buying games is to have fun and enjoy the experience, not indignation and frustration. I will now no longer tolerate shit and stunts like this from publishers, no matter how great the game may be.

But I digress. Best of luck to backers in Australia; you can at least take some comfort in the fact that the game is really quite good and you can look forward to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
Australia
Hammond Park
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lance @TMG has confirmed future games (ie Crusaders KS) will be shipped directly from China to Australia fulfilment (instead of bulk shipping to US then AU, which causes extra delay).

But when I asked why then we still get charged 300% more shipping cost than US backers, he said he has no idea and he wasn't the logistic guy. shakesoblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still nothing here, and I see TMG are being very quiet still in regards to what is actually happening....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
vwgolf wrote:
Lance @TMG has confirmed future games (ie Crusaders KS) will be shipped directly from China to Australia fulfilment (instead of bulk shipping to US then AU, which causes extra delay).

But when I asked why then we still get charged 300% more shipping cost than US backers, he said he has no idea and he wasn't the logistic guy. shakesoblue

Shipping includes a variety of costs, including the cost of whatever fulfillment center bounces it out to the customer after it gets into the country. Import costs as well as fulfillment costs are higher to/in Australia. Comparing it to America is... not a comparison. The US is almost universally cheaper to import things into, regardless of the source country (in addition to other factors, the US has no VAT or equivalent, which is often a pretty big consideration).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
truekid wrote:
vwgolf wrote:

Shipping includes a variety of costs, including the cost of whatever fulfillment center bounces it out to the customer after it gets into the country. Import costs as well as fulfillment costs are higher to/in Australia. Comparing it to America is... not a comparison. The US is almost universally cheaper to import things into, regardless of the source country (in addition to other factors, the US has no VAT or equivalent, which is often a pretty big consideration).

Our VAT equivalent is 10%. We call it GST. The question remains: Why do you charge 300% more?

Other than to cover the cost of shipping the US, then on shipping to AU of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
As I said, because it is more expensive, and there are many factors that contribute, including but not limited to VAT or equivalent, boats, containers, ground shipping, and fulfillment. All or almost all of those things are more expensive in/to Australia.

Shipping is not a profit center for us. We are not trying to profit off of shipping costs to anywhere.

You have highlighted 10% and 300% as if they were referencing the same thing. They are not. The 10% is in relation to the product cost. 300% is multiplying the US shipping cost. There isn't a missing 290% in the explanation, those percentages don't interact in the way your post implies. I don't have the Yokohama costs in front of me, but I believe the Crusaders costs are $6 for US and $25 for AUS. If I understand correctly, the GST alone is higher than all of the US listed cost. I don't know what ground shipping is used, but when I punch rough dimensions and weight and a couple of Australian cities into the Australian post office site and add the result to the GST, we're already right at the full amount of shipping we charged, even before we get to the other costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy your replies are appreciated, thanks for that.
Greg, you're perhaps being a little unfair, though I understand the frustration.

Andy, could you let us know who is fulfilling the game in Australia? The texts and emails SOME (I received neither) backers have received have created concern. Particularly if it is someone who has no obvious logistic history.

I hope you understand that we just want to get the game into our hands and on our tables, and knowing what's happening goes a long way to helping us feel like someone from TMG actually gives a crap about us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't actually know, but I'll ask. I know we've tried out a couple of different fulfillment sources in Australia in the past.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.