Vinhos Deluxe Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Is there any idea to prevent forgetting to place renown cube? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ryo sato
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played vinhos deluxe for the first time last week.
While playing the game, we found that we tended to forget to place a renown cube after taking action, especially action by magnate tiles.
Presumably, since renown cube is not player's own resource, we couldn't pay as much attention as others.

Is there any idea to prevent forgetting to place renown cube?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Habelitz
Germany
Zweibrücken
Reinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just place a renown cube on the corresponding actions on the board or on the top of the piles of cellars, winerys and region tiles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P A
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
play with an experienced player who is an ocd rules lawyer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pay close attention to the symbols. Whenever you place a renown cube it has it marked on that action or tile.

Make sure you play with the renown cubes on the board next to the regions. Easier to remember them if you can see them.

It's also good to think about it thematically. Remember that you bring renown (fame) to regions when you build anything there. Estates, wineries, larger cellars. This make the region more popular. If you're trying to make a deal with an establishment when selling or exporting your wine, sometimes bringing up how famous nice and famous the region is that the wine came from will get you a better price. Gloating about this works especially well when trying to impress judges at festivals. However, sometimes other companies brag about the region's fame before you and you're not able to impress people as much (they already used the reboun cubes from a region).

Just keep playing. You'll start to remember. There's a lot to take in at first. It's all good as long as everyone had fun, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ryo sato
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
> Matthias
Thanks, it sounds good.
I will try at next game.

> Alan
Concerning the context, I can't understand why the renown don't increase when we hire new farmer or enologist for the region, nevertheless the number of hiring people is one of the regeion's power.
It make me a bit confusing.
Of course I can understand that both of them are not glued to one place, we can move them on every maintenance phase, and so that it's hard to link the renown cube to hired people.
But while I was absorbed in the game, it's not intuitive for me.
Anyway, thank you for reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
toppy wrote:
Alan
Concerning the context, I can't understand why the renown don't increase when we hire new farmer or enologist for the region, nevertheless the number of hiring people is one of the regeion's power.
It make me a bit confusing.
Of course I can understand that both of them are not glued to one place, we can move them on every maintenance phase, and so that it's hard to link the renown cube to hired people.

Well, I'm sure you'll come up with your own stories, but yeah, workers aren't really famous so they don't bring renown to the region (especially since they come and go depending on the season). Only things that you build in the region bring renown to the region.

It's a great game so I hope you get a lot more plays out of it (where are you in Japan anyway? I live in Osaka).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.