Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything I've seen so far of this game looks great, from the minis to the rules to the preview videos.

That said...please don't screw this up by trying to emulate a CMON Kickstarter.

1. Don't nickel and dime us with add-ons that double the initial pledge
2. Don't invent new components mid-campaign that require additional design time or play-testing
3. Listen and respond to backer questions...especially the tough ones questioning design or production decisions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These guys run very solid campaigns. I don't think you have any reason to worry. I have backed their previous two campaigns and they were very responsive, transparent and didn't try to squeeze every dime from the backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awaken Realms
msg tools
publisher
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Everything I've seen so far of this game looks great, from the minis to the rules to the preview videos.

2. Don't invent new components mid-campaign that require additional design time or play-testing
3. Listen and respond to backer questions...especially the tough ones questioning design or production decisions

Well noted. We definitely plan on listening to backers as our 1st priority.
This is why we love Kickstarter - we have a way better chance to deliver better product thanks to the communications with backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey Mabinguari
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
These guys run very solid campaigns. I don't think you have any reason to worry. I have backed their previous two campaigns and they were very responsive, transparent and didn't try to squeeze every dime from the backers.

Agree, that judging to the previous two campaigns, it is nothing to worry about!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Black
msg tools
I whole heartedly agree with point 2. However, I really like add ons and the creator listening to our feedback. Also, I will add, it seems like you and I back all the same games! Wherever you live, you're invited to my game night haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Gauthier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My concern is that there is many games who came out in the last 2 years, that makes sells with awesome minis but have a really bad gameplay.

That's why I'm on the edge until I can see more videos.

For about 140$ CDN + shipping...I gotta be sure it worth spending my money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warpig72 wrote:
My concern is that there is many games who came out in the last 2 years, that makes sells with awesome minis but have a really bad gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asaf Hamtzany
msg tools
That's not a good example gameplay at all.
These guys ignored whole aspects of the game.

They barley used their heroes (just kept them static in place for no good reason most of the time).
They didn't complete any quest or monster hunt.
They barley fought, just kept preparing.
They only used combat cards in one battle if I recall correctly.
They didn't get any artifact.
And they forgot the events deck for most of the rounds.

One could wonder if the game needs balancing as it didn't push them to do those things but I don't think that's the case because as I said they just didn't do ANYTHING useful with their heroes.
To my understanding most heroes don't interact much with the area control aspect at the beginning of the game, so there is no reason to not send them to do quests, but these guys just never bothered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awaken Realms
msg tools
publisher

Check out video from Board Game Replay!
It shows all aspects of the game pretty well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, the campaign is going like gangbusters...so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remember point #2 and don't add unplanned SGs. November is an extremely aggressive delivery timeline, no way will it even make it this calendar year if you add new sculpts or gameplay elements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if you saw it, but they have 2 phases of delivery, the 2nd phase is for all stretch goals, so I assume that will mitigate some of the risk. Although I agree to not stretch more than you planned. Just make the best game you can and have planned for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
murteas wrote:
Not sure if you saw it, but they have 2 phases of delivery, the 2nd phase is for all stretch goals, so I assume that will mitigate some of the risk. Although I agree to not stretch more than you planned. Just make the best game you can and have planned for.

Yup, someone just pointed that out to me on the KS comments, I missed it. That's a great plan and I really appreciate AR's willingness to offer the option!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Mabinguari wrote:

Agree, that judging to the previous two campaigns, it is nothing to worry about!

Funny thing, perspective. The way I see it, in TwoM they basically did the opposite of 1 2 and 3 :).

Not to sound jaded, though. Supported TwoM, supported LoH, looking forward to get two great games. But I'm quite sure there will be a shitload of paid addons in the end. That's (sadly?) how it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Mabinguari wrote:

Funny thing, perspective. The way I see it, in TwoM they basically did the opposite of 1 2 and 3 :).

Not to sound jaded, though. Supported TwoM, supported LoH, looking forward to get two great games. But I'm quite sure there will be a shitload of paid addons in the end. That's (sadly?) how it works.

I was wondering about that when I backed today and saw the relatively low number of Greek gods and heroes and wondered if the rest were going to be stretch goals or add ons. I'm personally tired of multiple add-ons that end up jacking the price up to two or three times the initial pledge. And while it looks like a fun game with great miniatures, if that's what ends up happening I'm going to wind up dropping it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awaken Realms wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Well noted. We definitely plan on listening to backers as our 1st priority.
This is why we love Kickstarter - we have a way better chance to deliver better product thanks to the communications with backers.

Yes but listening to backers can also harm KS projects. I've seen some backers think they are part of the design team when they know little about the game. I realize creators want to make backers happy, but at some point they need to say some things aren't going to happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deekerston schweddy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I noticed they didn't address #1 and #2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1.) I wouldn't consider one addon nickel and dime-ing. If they decide to go the zombicide route and have addons three times the value of the initial pledge, then that's another story. In short, it's too early to tell.

2.) Where have they said that they are developing new material? I have missed that!
Ok, new update. Looks like they're making a new expansion together with the backers. (Which sounds really cool to me.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Warpig72 wrote:

If the main focus of the campaign page is the minis, you might as well flee.

#Bringbackstandees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirill Petrjashev
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My biggest concern is the delivery scheduled for NOV 2017 which is only 5 months away from when campaign will be ended....

Are you 110% certain you can make it NOV 2017??

If no, please change it to later/realistic date. I rather hear brutal true than have my hopes ruined in November .

Catacombs and Castles promised to deliver the game in November !2016! and guess what - its still not delivered and they don't really specify when they will deliver it. So almost 1 year delay and still no idea when backers will get it. Please don't repeat their mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand, the game, the minis, they are all ready. It's just of matter of going big scale, which probably amounts to about 2 months for both cardboard and minis. Add some logistics, working on rulebook, addons and NOV seems doable in that light. Tad risky, but doable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
If the game is ready, I wonder if we can get the rules to review before the end date of the pledge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
If the game is ready, I wonder if we can get the rules to review before the end date of the pledge?

[ENG] Game manual (prototype)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Ken at Sunrise wrote:

[ENG] Game manual (prototype)

Thanks. Has there been any reviews of the rule set? Or anyone outside the publisher play testing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica - the other one
Sweden
Strengelbach in Switzerland or Örebro in Sweden
flag msg tools
They are a treasure - I don´t need lots of them...
badge
Yay - Stretch goat!
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

One expansion unlocked and included for free but the other one you can add on to your pledge... just 25$ (19.5£)... Just like the terrain expansion for $25 (£19.5)... and if you missed backing the first day you might want to add Leonidas too for another $6.5 (5£)...

Base pledge £82
Current Add On Miniatures + £44

(and that is without the art-book and pre-shaded miniatures)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
busdjur wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

One expansion unlocked and included for free but the other one you can add on to your pledge... just 25$ (19.5£)... Just like the terrain expansion for $25 (£19.5)... and if you missed backing the first day you might want to add Leonidas too for another $6.5 (5£)...

Base pledge £82
Current Add On Miniatures + £44

(and that is without the art-book and pre-shaded miniatures)

Somehow I think there are plenty of gods to use as add-ons. This game may end up being quite a bit more expensive than the original pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.