Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey crew

Im thinking of investing in the TT block

Ive been playing the fellowship block with friends, been enjoying it immensely

But i have recently purchased a battle of helms deep booster box for next to nothing (could not resist)

Should i just get x2 Two towers starter decks for the sites

Or would x2 battle of helms deep starters be beneficial as well

I understand the two towers set is the "base" so i should probabaly look for a box of two towers as well, to really get going

Also can anyone tell me why realm of the elf-lord starter decks are so expensive right now, are they really worth it?

Regards,
Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're playing Towers block, you'll certainly need the boosters from the base set. The starters for Helm's Deep are probably useful too, if you can find them cheap, I've always liked the promo characters, and they'll help you get bases for the new factions.

As for Elf-Lords, the set was either under-produced, or over purchased. It's been tough to get on the secondary market since before the game's production ended, that's why you're seeing the higher price point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Norsk0120 wrote:
Im thinking of investing in the TT block

TT was a lot of fun. The Rohan decks in particular were really great.

Norsk0120 wrote:
Ive been playing the fellowship block with friends, been enjoying it immensely

Fellowship was definitely my favorite block, overall. I never had quite as much fun with the game as I did that first year. Of course, I got more competitive after that and it felt like deck choices really slimmed down.

Norsk0120 wrote:
But i have recently purchased a battle of helms deep booster box for next to nothing (could not resist)

Helm's Deep was a bit of a mixed bag as a set. It added Wargs and Gollum, but that was mostly it. It tried to flesh out stuff from the base set, but most of those were misses. It also did some more Southron stuff and added Gondor Knights, but that one wouldn't really be viable until Return of the King set.

Norsk0120 wrote:
Should i just get x2 Two towers starter decks for the sites

Yes, and I would really try to get some TT boosters. The starter decks are a helpful start, but you really want some boosters to flesh out the Rohan and Dunland decks.

Norsk0120 wrote:
Or would x2 battle of helms deep starters be beneficial as well

Nope, you probably have most of the cards in just the one booster. Find a deck list and that's fine for a start on the Warg deck. Don't buy those.

Norsk0120 wrote:
Also can anyone tell me why realm of the elf-lord starter decks are so expensive right now, are they really worth it?

No idea. They aren't the best starter decks. Definitely not worth it. The best starter decks are always in the base set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Vrettas
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Justin and Chris

Will get some two towers boosters then

Loving the game so far
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.