2 Posts

Lords of Hellas» Forums » Variants

Subject: Do we necessarily have to compete with other players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tyrannocorgi 123
Singapore
flag msg tools
Can I just be a humble adventurer without an army or anything just doing my own quests with a separate agenda in the midst of the epic drama between the gods.

Sort of like what Frodo or Gandalf was doing throughout Lord of The Rings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion Harrison
United States
Glens Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes. In fact, so far I've found that hunting monsters and mostly ignoring the area-control aspect of the game is the dominant strategy. People are debating this, so it's not set in stone yet, but you could win the game by being a solo adventurer!

Keep in mind that you couldn't completely ignore the area control. You need priests in order to raise your hero's stats, and you need to control area(s) with temples in order to do that.

I suggest starting in a location that has both a temple and a city and hold that one spot for the whole game. Try to get another nearby temple too, and try to make it all far away from the other players. This can by your "home city", and your hoplites can defend it and keep recruiting more hoplites in it while you complete quests and slay monsters. Raise your speed and strength stats. You won't need leadership.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.