Popular Tags: [View All]
Asher Thee Gravedigger
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if this is silly, or something that was already covered. I looked through the FAQ, and I think it's the second case, but I'm just double checking.

If a player has a single building or anomaly in each row, in the leftmost spots, do they place the super projects such that they cover the second and third spot of the row of their choice? Or, are they unable to build super projects, until the anomaly, if any, are cleared, opening up a leftmost spot in which the super project can be built.

The former would best be referred to as Leftmost Available, the other would be Available Leftmost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does not need to be in the the 1st and 2nd spot. You can put on in the 2nd and 3rd spot if all your 1st spots are taken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if you place a superproject in 2nd and 3rd spots of a row with the anomaly, it does not slide over when the anomaly is cleared. So the cheaper left spot of that row would be available to build on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher Thee Gravedigger
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you please point me to the specific reference or clarification that covers this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the gaps created by removing anomalies: it's on page 17 of the rule book, right column, under ANOMALIES, 1st paragraph, last sentence.

"It is possible that gaps might appear on the player board because of removing an Anomaly - new buildings or even Superprojects can be constructed there late."

For building Superprojects in the 2nd and 3rd column of the player board if the 1st column is filled on all rows: that is on page 13, 1st paragraph, 3rd sentence.

"Place the Superproject on the two leftmost horizontally adjacent free spots of the player board (the player may chose which row to place it on if several rows are tied."

The "free spots" means that you don't place the superproject on a spot that is occupied by a building or anomaly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher Thee Gravedigger
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David, I saw both of those references, but don't feel that they quite answer the question I asked. The examples on that page only show the super projects being built in the 1st and 2nd row.

While it is most likely the correct interpretation, I can see reasons for both interpretations, which is why I was looking for a more specific clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules don't say that superproject can only be place in the two leftmost spots of the player board. It says the two leftmost available free spot of of the player board. So if the 1st spot of each row is occupied by buildings and/or anomalies, then those spots are not free. Therefore the two leftmost available free spots would be the 2nd and 3rd spots.

They probably could have made the rule clearer by using unoccupied instead of free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher Thee Gravedigger
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David, that's one interpretation.

The other is that it's any row with those two leftmost slots available. It depends if Leftmost is describing their state at the time, or their original state.

I'm sorry to be pedantic about this, but it is something my local group will argue, as both versions are possible, especially with some of the other rules in the game, and the way those slots look on the physical board. I'm looking for a further reference, beyond the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher Thee Gravedigger
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the physical board again, I think I'm wrong to keep looking for the reference, the slots are identical in a way they wouldn't be if the intent was only the leftmost slots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they would have just said "Column 1+2" instead of "leftmost" if that is what they meant. And if they did mean just column 1+2 were the only available spots to build superprojects... then they described it pretty horribly. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules seem super clear to me. Never had any issues explaining, or players understanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asher: everybody telling you that your reading is the incorrect one. But if it helps, I'll confirm that a sp can be in any leftmost available spaces (which can be the first two or the second two columns).

Everybody else's interpretation is right, sorry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The B side for the Path of Dominance offers the ability to build a super project on any two adjacent building slots, and shows an arrow pointing to each of the columns, versus the action on the board pointing only to the first two columns. I understood this as reinforcing that normally, super projects only fit in the first two columns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will M wrote:
The B side for the Path of Dominance offers the ability to build a super project on any two adjacent building slots, and shows an arrow pointing to each of the columns, versus the action on the board pointing only to the first two columns. I understood this as reinforcing that normally, super projects only fit in the first two columns.

Sorry if the icons gave the wrong impression, the rulebook however is quite clear on the matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.