United Kingdom
Maidenhead
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Read My Blog
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dutch boardgaming friends

I have a friend in Eindhoven who is interested in getting into the hobby and was wondering whether there are any good games stores in Eindhoven that I can recommend to him.

Would need to be ones that are good at helping out new players whose experience is mainly based on card games (bridge, whist, etc..), Go and Stratego.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
Jolie Spel, near the train station, next to the Beursgebouw, is your best bet. No bargains, but a decent selection of popular Euros for a small store. There is also a comic shop called Eppo, but it seems to be shrinking and the selection is not great, although it has more plastic filled American conflict style games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United Kingdom
Maidenhead
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Read My Blog
mbmbmbmbmb
mi_de wrote:
Jolie Spel, near the train station, next to the Beursgebouw, is your best bet. No bargains, but a decent selection of popular Euros for a small store. There is also a comic shop called Eppo, but it seems to be shrinking and the selection is not great, although it has more plastic filled American conflict style games.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
Gameforce has a lot of tables for wargames and sells some nice stuff as well, it's on the Visserstraat 18-A, 5612 BT Eindhoven.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ⱮǾⱤǾƝ ÐɆĽŮẌɆ
Chile
flag msg tools
Lucha y fiesta
badge
Ni corto ni perezoso
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello gamers, any shops in eindhoven with playarea? Which shop is The Best for amerytrash style Games? Any recommendarions? Thx...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Smith
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The shops already mentioned are pretty much all there is. Gameforce is the only one with play area. I have no idea whether it has ameritrash games or not. Jolie definitely does not. Eppo has primarily ameritrash, but its selection is still small.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed. * Click the yellow microbadge for discounted microbadges!! *
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend going to the SpellenSpektakel on the 11th of november (next week). It's in the Beursgebouw, right next to Jolie games and the train station.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Smith
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can't make Spellenspektakel, there is also Zuiderspel closeby in Veldhoven in the spring. Slightly smaller convention, but personally I've enjoyed it more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
And check out the "Roll the Dice" and "Sessa" gaming groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ⱮǾⱤǾƝ ÐɆĽŮẌɆ
Chile
flag msg tools
Lucha y fiesta
badge
Ni corto ni perezoso
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.