Popular Tags: [View All]
David Reeves
United States
Georgetown
TX
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone who owns the game comment on how combat, leadership, morale and any other unique things in the game? I am on the fence if I should by this.

For example, does combat include a standard odds-based CRT or some other combat resolution mechanism? Do leadership and morale play a part in the game? Is there an overall campaign or a way to link all the scenarios together to fight the whole battle of Stalingrad up to Operation Uranus (Russian overall counterattack)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sava Toufexis
United States
Conesus
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David,

Get ALL your ATS questions (and more) answered here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1308161592605808/?ref=bookma...

Cheers
Sava

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reeves
United States
Georgetown
TX
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies, Sava. I do not have a Facebook account, and I cannot access this page without one. Would you please answer here for everyone on BGG that is "Facebook-less"???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mochara
msg tools
badge
mb
Quote:
does combat include a standard odds-based CRT or some other combat resolution mechanism

Other. Infantry & MGs all have Gunfire Factors. Add up all GF involved in an attack, find appropriate column on inevitable chart, apply modifiers (there are many - and that's a good thing) and then count the dead.

Only the melee (close combat) table uses odds.

Quote:
Do leadership and morale play a part in the game?

Absolutely vital, yes.

Quote:
Is there an overall campaign

No. There exist a handful of campaign games in the system but there are none involving Stalingrad at this time. What you've described would be more the domain of a higher scale than squad-level, as these maps depict a rather small portion of the Stalingrad area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.