2GM Tactics» Forums » Rules

Subject: SMOKE SHELL and SMOKE SCREEN : when do their effects stop ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It is logical that their effect stops at the beginning of the next same player's turn. So that opponent is affected by Smoke Shell and Smoke Screen.

But it seems that Smoke Shell (= Smoke Grenade) effect lasts until the beginning of the next player's Start Phase.

Is there an typo error ? Because it has no sense that way.

Shouldn't it be : "lasts until the beginning of the same player's next Start Phase".

Confirmation ?

Then what about :

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
There was a previous question regarding the Supressive Fire card where Jose said the effect is mean't to last until the start of activating player's next turn (so that the effect would last for the whole of the opposing player's turn).

One would assume the same is mean't to be applied here as well, otherwise you're right, it wouldn't make any sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If i'm not mistaken (but i might be), the Smoke Grenade can be applied at any time, so you could use it on your opponent's turn to hinder their attacks. If that is correct, then it would make sense for it to last until the end of the current turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
sgbeal wrote:
If i'm not mistaken (but i might be), the Smoke Grenade can be applied at any time, so you could use it on your opponent's turn to hinder their attacks. If that is correct, then it would make sense for it to last until the end of the current turn.

You know what I remember reading that as well. Some Grenade and Smoke Screen probably work under different rules then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DigitalEccentric wrote:
sgbeal wrote:

You know what I remember reading that as well. Some Grenade and Smoke Screen probably work under different rules then?

Here we go... page 19: "This ability can be used at any time." So you wait until your opponent declares an attack against you, then "pop smoke" to hinder him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Manuel Moreno Ramos
Spain
Cádiz
Cádiz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

The smoke grenade may be used at your enemy turn, for that reason it only last until the next player turn.

The smoke screen may only be used during your own turn, and for that reason it last until your own next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK then, if used during opponent's turn, do I have to activate a SMOKE SHELL at the start of my opponent's turn (without knowing which of my Units he will attack) or AFTER he has declared an attack on one of my units ?

That's another difference between the Boardgames and the App (in the App both work similarly, only affected squares change : 1vs3).

Note that both markers are arrowed, meaning that weapons are available 1 turn out of 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jose ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Manuel Moreno Ramos
Spain
Cádiz
Cádiz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to announce smoke Shell before the enemy attacks. You can't wait for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK
Then, during my opponent's turn, I can choose to activate a SMOKE SHELL between the end of Deployment Phase and the beginning of Shooting Phase, so that I'm sure its Units' positions, letting me guess where my opponent can attack.
Correct ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Manuel Moreno Ramos
Spain
Cádiz
Cádiz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DocGuillaume wrote:
OK
Then, during my opponent's turn, I can choose to activate a SMOKE SHELL between the end of Deployment Phase and the beginning of Shooting Phase, so that I'm sure its Units' positions, letting me guess where my opponent can attack.
Correct ?

Yes. You can't wait for your opponent, and the announce of the attack to fire your smoke shells to protect that attacked unit. You have to try to guess which attacks are you going to receive and protect your units before the attack takes place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok perfect ! very clear now
Thx

See you on the Battlefield !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.