Reluctant Enemies» Forums » General

Subject: This or "Slouch Hats & Eggshells"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sabratha
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My dad always found this conflict interesting and I was thinking of buying him a wargame.

Would you say this game is better or Slouch Hats & Eggshells and why? Did anyone play both and can compare?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux
Canada
Charlottetown
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not played Slough Hats & Eggshells but the scale is very different between the two games. the RE map ends slightly north of Rayak which doesn't even make it halfway up the map in SH&E. In that way, RE is much more tactical. The units are also much smaller in scale in RE as mostly it's battalions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Edwards
United Kingdom
Durham
County Durham
flag msg tools
badge
Together down the ages we have fought the long defeat.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got this and looking forward to cracking it. I have Vance van Borries' Rommel's War and it's great, and Slouch Hats is the same system more or less, so I did consider getting that, but wanted an intro OCS. Will probably play both in time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudley Albrecht
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
Depends on what you want in a game. Slouch Hats and Eggshells is more of a "beer and pretzles" game, but Reluctant Enemies is much more complex , a serious simulation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.