Popular Tags: [View All]
David JULIEN
France
LYON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I'm wondering exactly how works advanced move. The sample looks like
bugged.The cards in the sample are different than the picture. Please can someone explain it ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep.

Just follow these steps:
1) Discard 2 cards
2) Choose:
--- a) play a star effect (increase your level by 1) and spin out, OR
--- b) play any other effect (missile, bomb, change lane, repair, power-up, freezing gun), then move forward a number of spaces equal to the lowest value between the cards you discarded in step 1
3) At the end of the turn, don't draw cards.

Essentially it's a do-it-yourself option, that allows you to generate any kind of effect when you don't have that effect in hand, but it costs you versatility in the next round (you'll have a single card in hand at the start of your next turn).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey LEPIETON
France
flag msg tools
There is a big difference between the Italian and English rules.
In Italian, they spécifie that the effect you choose must be different from the effects of the 2 cards played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
GNAOW wrote:
There is a big difference between the Italian and English rules.
In Italian, they spécifie that the effect you choose must be different from the effects of the 2 cards played.

Italian rulebook states that:
Quote:
- Puoi scegliere un effetto a piacere da attivare: i due effetti riportati sulle carte non contano. Per esempio, nel caso a fianco potresti scegliere di lanciare un missile.

Which translates to:
- You can select an effect of your choice: the two effects on the played card don't matter. For example, in the case here on the side you can choose to shoot a missile.

I think you may have misinterpreted the wording: "i due effetti non contano". It means that you are not required to choose between those on the 2 cards, but you can if you want so.

However, you usually want to play an advanced maneuver in order to play an effect you have not in hand at that moment. If you wanted to play a missile, and you have a missile in hand, it's often counterproductive to play 2 cards and skip the draw phase instead of playing that missile card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.