Fallen City of Karez» Forums » General

Subject: So is there a definitive ruleset for this game yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tanausú Alayón
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't Paul Grogan working on an official rewrite of the rules or something? What happened? Did I miss it? Did it happen? Will it still happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I believe he gave up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Sellmair
msg tools
I believe the best you will find is my 2.0 rewrite of the rules, I don't think there is ever going to come anything more for this game from its developer, or people working "for" him, sadly - but my version of the rules should be definitely better than the original, i dare say
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanausú Alayón
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick replies guys, now I know how things stand! How are the experiences with 2,0? I'm the rules guy, so when I read rules I have to do so very thoroughly, and I do it for all games in several groups. So sometimes I'm not super keen on comitting time and energy if the game in the end isn't worth it. I'm sure you guys did a phenomal job, but if the core game is too flawed, I don't know if I want to commit all the rules to memory and put it in my very precious boardgaming time slot, where many excellent games are competing for some light. Thanks again guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
J Play does a run through so does MiWi if I remember correctly maybe look at those for some guidance to your final decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wells

Gilbert
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules rewrite is posted 2.0 in zip file by Martin Sellmair two months ago.

I don't know how to link within BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Guijo
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only partially read the new rules but they not adress the big problem of the game. It is UNBALANCED. And terribly.
If someone play arcane guild he will loose, or get bored or both. With trade guild you WILL get bored of trading.
With public Guild your personal objetive will not get you enough points.
With the builders you will earn a lot of points buying buildings, but it not really fun a leaves you without shields to do other things. Normaly builders win, but is boring.
The fun guilds are heroes and public, heroes can win, but there aren´t enough valour cubes in the game to make them earn enough points.

I hope someone correct me, but i dont thik this ruleset is the solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
kalisto59 wrote:
I hope someone correct me

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/16329329#16329329
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/16335270#16335270
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/16335735#16335735
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.