Dennis Walter
United States
Hutto
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
First off I have heard good things about Ares. I opened my new copy and found I had 2 Boromir and was missing Aragorn and had 16 Regular Gondor rather than 15 and am missing one of the Rohan regular figures. (I only received 9) This was straight from sealed plastic bags.

I sent an email through the website but was just wondering what experiences people have had with this sort of thing. I can't exactly play the game without some extra labels or something right now, but I guess it could be playable with some sort of indicator.

It would be shipping to the US.

Dennis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too thought I was short one army and extra another until I looked more closely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Walter
United States
Hutto
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I checked repeatedly... the one I have extra is the large shield gondor and am missing the smaller shield soldiers of Rohan. Believe me I checked repeatedly. There is also the issue of two Boromir and no stryder.

Dennis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a replacement board for AE. After I sent in the support ticket, it was about 1-2 weeks until I got the replacement (pretty sure it was closer to 1 week than 2 though). My replacement shipped from their distributor/warehouse in the US so it shouldn't take too long once they confirm it and get your address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Walter
United States
Hutto
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would say they are exceptionally fast at responding. I already received an email this morning asking for my address. I am super impressed with that. It was hours, not days.

Dennis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, they're probably one of the best customer services out there. The only thing is, you'll likely receive a huge box with tiny figures in it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bulger
United States
Fuquay-Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
My experience with Ares has been first rate.

Same issue with no Gollum.

They quickly turned it around in about a week from their US distributor.

I was more than amazed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Hirsch
msg tools
mb
My customer service issue has been handled perfectly. I bought a copy of Lords of Middle Earth but my red Balrog die had all of the same faces as the gold Gothmog die. Got a response of an Ares rep hours after my email and the replacement correct die was delivered within a week.

Great job on their part!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alaren
United States
flag msg tools
Turtle Power
badge
all the way down
mb
I must have gotten your Strider... I got two of him and no Gandalf the Grey. Also my LoME set had two Nenya dice (one with red faces) and no Narya die.

I sent in a request on May 31 or so, including my mailing address and details. I have not ever heard back from them via email; if I don't get anything in the mail from them tomorrow I will probably re-submit my request.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alaren
United States
flag msg tools
Turtle Power
badge
all the way down
mb
To follow up: I received my Gandalf mini June 17th and my Narya die June 19th. Both were shipped, but separately, from Alliance Games Distributors, in 4x4x6 boxes rather than padded envelopes or the like. I actually pinged Ares games about my request after two weeks and the parts were shipped 2-day priority, so I get the impression that maybe they got a little behind on fulfilling requests and responded by upgrading my shipping?

Anyway I'm very pleased with the service I received from them and even a three-week turnaround is much better service than I've received from some places.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.