Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Kronengold
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have the rules for this been released yet? It's mentioned in the rules for N&F that the back of the worker (or whatever they are; haven't tried it yet) cards can be used as workers in Above and Below, and what tasty workers they look like, indeed; 5-7 cost, but each coming with a bed, and what looks like some other neat special abilities like automatic explores and maybe a special gather power.

But..how does this work? Are rules for doing this available anywhere, or is this something they'll presumably release once more people have the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm puzzled as well, but for different reasons.

In fact they work like that, they have a fixed price (no matter on which space they are on the employment queue).

They have their own bed, so they do not need a building to sleep ( useful) they have abilities an need not to roll the lanterns.

So far so good. My problem is that they use the resources of N&F instead of the one of A&B. A small clarification might be needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone post a picture of the Above/Below characters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duggie Dowling
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
I'm terribly sorry... but I probably wasn't listening.
badge
I vote for Shenanigans and Monkey Business.
mbmbmbmbmb
mneme wrote:
Have the rules for this been released yet? It's mentioned in the rules for N&F that the back of the worker (or whatever they are; haven't tried it yet) cards can be used as workers in Above and Below, and what tasty workers they look like, indeed; 5-7 cost, but each coming with a bed, and what looks like some other neat special abilities like automatic explores and maybe a special gather power.

But..how does this work? Are rules for doing this available anywhere, or is this something they'll presumably release once more people have the game?

The rules for using Near & Far characters in Above & Below can be found in the Near & Far rulebook on page 37. A section entitled 'Adventurers in Above & Below'.

Yum... bacon sandwiches!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Barton
Canada
Dryden
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Near and Far Rulebook, pg37 wrote:
Adventurers in Above and Below

To use adventurers in Above and Below, place the bag of adventurers near the play area when setting up a game of Above and Below. Draw 4 adventurers and place them in a row above the standard row of Above and Below villagers. Place these adventurers so that their Above and Below side is face up.

A player may choose to train a Near and Far adventurer as if they were training a normal villager with one change: the coin cost of the adventurer is on the adventurer token. The adventurer row is refilled when the villager row is refilled.

Near and Far adventurers have a few differences from Above and Below villagers. First, each has their own bed (like the Above and Below robot) because they are used to roughing it. Additionally, when Near and Far adventurers explore, they do not roll a die for lanterns—they simply gain the lanterns shown on the bottom area of the token.

Some Near and Far adventurers show bread and bacon symbols. These symbols represent the adventurer's ability to make bacon or bread. At
the end of the game, a player gains village points for each set of bacon and bread symbols (bacon sandwiches!). Each combination of 1 bacon symbol and 1 bread symbol a player owns is worth 5 village points at game end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SHAWN WHITE
United States
JANESVILLE
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Shut the fuck up
badge
Whatever
mbmbmbmbmb
Bacon Sandwiches. I'm in love...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Kronengold
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mnn. Bacon sandwiches! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bacon sandwiches!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bj Price
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
Organization makes me happy!
badge
"Cult" is what a big congregation calls a little congregation.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there also a rule about injuring the Near and Far characters? If I send one out to explore and they have and automatic lantern of 2, can I then injure them to get a 3? I assume I can, just want to verify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.