Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Bios: Megafauna (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Neoteny and Resize affect all your species rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub Ukrop
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that Neoteny and Resize actions were changed to affect all your species.

Was it the idea to make these actions more worthwhile?
That is ok, but what I am concerned about is that the size of all your species is too tied together now.

E.g. once you get a max-size-1-flyer, all your burrowers etc. are stuck at size 1, unless the flyer goes extinct. It is also strange theme-wise.
(You can achieve variously sized species via monster atrophy, but that can hardly be planned.)

Would it be too powerful to resize any of your species instead of each of your species?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The intent is that you choose which species to resize, which can be any or all.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Ukrop
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I wasn't reading carefully enough and missed the "up to". I am sorry for the confusion.
Quote:
Use this action to change the Size Dice of each of your Species by up to one step (up or down).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dill wrote:
Yes, I wasn't reading carefully enough and missed the "up to". I am sorry for the confusion.
Quote:
Use this action to change the Size Dice of each of your Species by up to one step (up or down).

Can you resize one UP a step and one DOWN?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dsdhornet wrote:
dill wrote:
Yes, I wasn't reading carefully enough and missed the "up to". I am sorry for the confusion.
Quote:
Use this action to change the Size Dice of each of your Species by up to one step (up or down).

Can you resize one UP a step and one DOWN?

And does it use one action total, or one action per species?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rafal100 wrote:
And does it use one action total, or one action per species?

I'm guessing one action total, since it says use this "action" to change "each of " (not use "these actions" or to change "one of").
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.