Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim invited his friend Tavis over to play some games. We played some cursory catan, as part of the intro to german gaming thing. But eventually we got to the point where we were playing Caveman. Good ole Caveman, I am liking this game a lot. It induces an almost zen state at times. At others you have the frustrations of getting all rivers.

We hadn't played in a long time, so at first the scores were low. Jim and I were lucky to break 50, and Tavis in his first game didn't. But as the games progressed the scores kept on climbing. With more people buying into each others medows the mean score kept on getting pushed up. Of the four times we played three times we used all the bonus tiles. So far the Oracle, stonehenge tile hasn't turned into the game breaker that some people seem to complain about. You still have to do some work and get some luck to have that henge make a huge difference. Though I can still understand the complaint that it is a single powerful tile, where no other tile has that same kind of sweeping power. This makes it more of an aestetic flaw to me than anything.

In our last game of the night, I started up a nice fishing hut system. Jim Snuck into it when I wasn't looking, and then later Tavis also snuck in. I was a bit irked by having to share all my deliscious fish, so I worked my second hut into the river system. about ten tiles later, Tavis worked his in. Jim set his second hut up to buy in as well, I tried to make it difficult for him to get in, but he ultimately did. End result. Everyone gets 14 points for the fishing huts. It wasn't even a great water system, but it certainly was strange that all 6 huts were in it. Another oddity of the game was that we finally had a peice that wouldn't fit anywhere on the board. All the forest were closed or in weird spots, and tavis got the four forest peice. Anomiles for everyone.

I like this game.

I have been here over a year and I still don't have an Avatar. One geek gold at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.