England
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
now retired so time for more gaming!
badge
Alumini of Dogwarts University - Double First : Engineering for Dogs
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a brief session report with a bit of a first impressions review.

Managed to preorder and pick-up my copies at UK Games Expo last Friday - thanks for the demo

I sat down this morning and set-up for a 4P game. Purpose was to just walkthrough a game and understand how the actions work, especially when playing a card from your prep module.

Although I didn't count I think the game took about 7 or 8 rounds before the yellow player managed to trigger the end by getting all 7 colonists onto Mars.

Overall the game flowed smoothy, only slowed down when I came across an action that was new and I pondered over it's effects. To begin with I tried to focus on playing cards from the prep module to maximise the actions I could take each turn. Interestingly, I rarely played a card from my hand for the single action as it felt wasteful. Perhaps I was just fortunate in gettting cards in the prep module that had really useful effects?

As the session went on I began to appreciate the power of using your opponents prep module cards, especially if your own cards were not all that useful at the time. Yes they get a free action out of turn but you also get to do something useful and maybe waste/underuse the card for them.

Final scores were very close: 19 - 20 - 20 - 17 with Yellow winning due to having the most colonists on Mars. Interestingly, Green was ahead most of the game in terms of getting colonists onto his ship and then onto the buildings on Mars.

I enjoyed the session. Looking forward to trying out the 'proper' solo game and getting a multiplayer game in at our regular games Meet-Up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireneusz Huszcza
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for writing your impressions here! Hope you will have more and more fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
England
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
now retired so time for more gaming!
badge
Alumini of Dogwarts University - Double First : Engineering for Dogs
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a 4p game last night (real people)
Went down well and everyone enjoyed playing. I have been asked to take the game along to a boardgames Meet-Up tonight so I'll get to play again thumbsup

regards
iain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireneusz Huszcza
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for info!
Have more and more fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Glowacz
Poland
Wrocław
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
designer
Nintendo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
buffmeister wrote:

Interestingly, I rarely played a card from my hand for the single action as it felt wasteful. Perhaps I was just fortunate in gettting cards in the prep module that had really useful effects?

The beauty of this game is that each game is different so sometimes you will use other player prep module oftten, sometimes playing cards from hand will be more powerfull - there is alot cards with actins and it's hard to see them all when you play one game.

You will learn new possibilities of playing cards, do sombos and and stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.