Hide
3 Posts

Perdition's Mouth: Abyssal Rift» Forums » Variants

Subject: Aggro mechanic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edged Square
msg tools
Is there a mechanic for idle minions (like minions start acting only upon LOSing an enemy or hearing another ally fight/shout for help)? For example, the cultists in 1a are said to be talking and not really paying attention to the heroes. From what I understood from rules, the minions will start acting the moment heroes enter, even though they are behind 2 layers of doors and minions should not know about them, as they said anything in Italics is just flavour, rather than real rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jalmari Ruokojärvi
Finland
flag msg tools
... staring straight into your soul.
badge
Whoah! I didn't expect to see that! Shame on you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not baked into the rules there isn't. However, in certain scenarios there are special cases which may allow you a round or two of actions without an enemy or enemies activating. Or certain enemies might be preoccupied with something else and they might continue doing that until heroes distract them.

In any case, Perdition's Mouth isn't a sneaking game and the scenarios launch into instant action or at least into a situation in which there's no time to lose otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
I know this is old but the rules state that monsters know everything about the heroes, where they are, their HP etc at all times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.