David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
If I play a command target 2 attack card for my bottom action will my bear on it's turn (just before mine) move into that position? Monsters state that they will try to maximize their targets for movement and focus. Will my bear, knowing that it will be commanded to target 2?

I've had a few instances where I've played that 2 target bottom action but then realized my bear may just stop at the first monster closest or not move into position, ie maybe 1 hex over to be able to target another.

I would like to think it would but having separate turns is kinda throwing it off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kratz
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bear does not know what you are going to be doing on your turn, so does a normal move 3 attack 2 with normal AI. If you want to get it I the right position, you'll either need help, or need to use a move command
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the Beast Tyrant character very hard to use and control. I understand how it is supposed to work, but play a couple maps where you have to stand on pressure plates, or where the enemies regularly have retaliate and shield, and it is a nightmare. It's so frustrating watching the bear charge headlong into shield 3 or 4 flame demons with retaliate 3.

Or moving it away, only to have the demon move before your next action due to a fluke low initiative and decide to move closer thereby forcing your bear to decided to slam its face into the retaliate wall while completely disrupting the cards you were going to use to command it to attack the OTHER enemy you thought it was going to move toward.

It attacks automatically, doing nothing against high shield enemies usually, then when you command it to actually do damage, it's already taken up to 6 damage from retaliation. It's just too much micro-managing for the payoff. I'd find the bear much more bearable if you could simply choose for it to ignore it's 'summon' turn sometimes.

That being said, it probably has pretty good synergy with a few classes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.