2 Posts

Shadow War: Armageddon» Forums » Variants

Subject: Sister Repentia small modifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oak Wolf
msg tools
mb
Just a suggestion in order to make them more useful, as they really aren't great atm for 1 promethium cache. You're almost always better with a celestian as it is.

A sister repentia's eviscerator causes fear.

She receives the "True Grit" skill

Light of the emperor grants the 3++ save lasts until the beginning of your next phase in which you called it. So if you called it in your shooting phase, it lasts until the start of your next shooting phase. If you called it at the start of your combat phase, then it lasts untilt he start of your next combat phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Compared to some of the other team's Special Operatives, a single Sister Repentia is not very impressive. Yes, if she does make it into close combat, and wins that close combat, she is quite deadly. And, the ability to recover automatically from Pinning helps a lot to get into combat. Add to that a one turn only 3+ Invulnerable save, and she's a little better on paper. But, she has no ranged attack, and is otherwise very vulnerable (T3, no armor). Move 4" and I3, doesn't get her into close combat reliably.

If I had been in the underground, Top Secret, Burn Before Reading, Game Design vault during the weeks of intense negotiations that went into determining the Sister of Repentia rules, I would have offered an adjustment. Taking a page from the Ork Runtherd, I would have suggested the Special Operative(s) be a Mistress of Repentance + (D3) Sisters Repentia.

Alas, my Top Secret Special Agent Orange Ninja Access Clearance was compromised due to an incident involving a period of gaming best described as "a youthful dalliance with miniatures of 'unknown' manufacture."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.