6 Posts

Blitz! A World in Conflict» Forums » Rules

Subject: Vichy ... and victory conditions for UK and USA... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gromenauer Jaaarl
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you get at war with Vichy when you invade Morocco or any other (Vichy) neutral areas? Reading the rules I would say you don't...

If no, or if you invade other unprotected neutrals. would that fulfill one victory point for USA or UK provided nowhere else any ground unit is lost?

(I mean, the neutral aligns with the Axis so you successfully invade an Axis country with no losses)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Wilson
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please see the following exchange with Dave, in relation to this topic
(slightly edited for clarity)

Can ... the Allies declare war on a neutral - lets say Norway - to align it to he Axis and then immediately invade it for an easy VP?
It will not have have been Axis "previously"

Dave LeLacheur designer
The USA/AFA can't simply knock off neutrals to gain a VP this way. Well, technically they could DOW on turn X, then on turn X+1 take out the minor and that would qualify.

Hope this helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Gromenauer,

Vichy France, French North Africa, French West Africa, and Madagascar all become separate, independent, neutral countries after France is conquered. And yes, all are eligible to be the location of a No Casualties VP award for the USA or AFA.

This is all on purpose. Historically the Allies picked off all 3 overseas areas, but Germany took over Vichy France before the Allies could get there.

Cheers,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gromenauer Jaaarl
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dave and Tony.

Dave, seeing your other response, are other neutrals eligible for this apart from Vichy minors and territories? It would seem no, according to your previous post...

... Except for this, which I think it's not in the rules:

Quote:
technically they could DOW on turn X, then on turn X+1 take out the minor and that would qualify.

Of course you are now clarifying what is not or is not clearly enough expressed in the rules, but ... is it necessary for any country to declare war in turn X and then attack in turn X+1 or only in this case? And would it qualify an attack in the X blitz turn or it does need to be X+1 turn always?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The "X+1" part is correct. THe VP award indicates "previously controlled" Axis land area. I meant "controlled before this turn" specifically because I didn't want to reward the Allies for invading South America or something silly like that.

I'm often careless on how I discuss this matter, for which I apologize. Just can't seem to state this part of the rule as well as I should, sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gromenauer Jaaarl
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.